New Update 360 Total Security Updates

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
10.8.0.1200] released November 24th
  • Added: Privacy Antitracker (Premium Only)
  • Improved: Add feedback for Driver Updater
  • Fixed: The problem that caused the browser to be slow and crash
  • Fixed: Bug fixes
also a big under the hood change: Qihoo decided to remove the Avira scan engine as well in this release......

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
At least they keep adding Bloatware...
Actually their cloud detection is great, however their BB isn‘t. HIPS do a lot though.
yes they excell at adding unwanted / useless bloatware , very bad customer suport and spying on their customers....I did sent customer support a message , asking them why the heck the avira engine got removed in this release. ofcourse NO answer yet , and I do not expect an answer from them at all. I still have a premium license that will expire in june next year , but i will not renew , especially when the remove the only good thing from the product...

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
Please elaborate on this.. Collecting diagnostic data? Abusing/Selling provided PII (Full name, email addresses etc)?
collecting users data. they also collaberated with proxy master vpn , with also has very shady privacy invading tactics....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you provide a link to your claims?

To be fair, all anti-virus and malware protection software has full access to your PC and data, once installed. They scan your files, bypass encrypted traffic, upload suspicious file data. Browser extensions can read your full history and modify/manipulate your web experience.

Is it really that different to what other "American" and "European" security software already do?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I wonder if there will be much difference in detection rates, now that they are only using their own signatures? I presume there won't be much of a drop, considering that the detection rate from their own heuristics and signatures is very good.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020
Intel-VT Core crystal protection engine doesnt allow me to watch Netflix on any of my Windows 10 web browsers. Turning it off helped but I had to figure it out by myself by trying this and that. Just made an account here to write this.
I've just seen this thread & your post on the crystal v engine .I've always assumed mine was automatically switched on as I'm sure I have seen it on by default . Tonight I decided to look into changes or lack of them with the latest version I downloaded tonight . Crystal engine I found off & it was only when selecting custom security settings manually .Very strange .I'm now looking into everything for detailed reference & the next versions. The antivirus protection I wouldn't relly on in real time protection I have doubt to the ability of the free version I've not yet tried premium but will do for Research purpose.

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

360 Total Security 10.8.0.1200

Added: Privacy Antitracker (Premium Only)
Improved: Add feedback for Driver Updater
Fixed: The problem that caused the browser to be slow and crash
Fixed: Bug fixes

360 Total Security 10.8.0.1213

Improved: Network Threat blocking capability
Fixed: Bug fixes

Changelog Site

Download site

With best Regards
Mops21

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.