App Review Qihoo 360 Total Security 8.6.0.1140 - Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
@Terry Ganzi For me, Vincent Test maxed out the settings, which will probably result in better Static detection.
Regarding the optional PUP detection, in the last months, I haven't come over much PUPs, but all in all, I wonder what the setting does, as signatures used to flag PUPs regardless of ticking the option.
Security preset will activate (and download on first run) both Avira and Bitdefender, and use them even if you deactivate them (as long as you don't turn off active protection).

I just had a glance on the test, I miss some final conclusion, e.g. detection in %, 2nd_opinion scans,...
I asked The PC Security Channel to do a review some time ago, still waiting.

@Felipe Oliveira Knocking on Wood, next to none FP, but aggressive HIPS regarding sensitive system intrusions.
But have to admit not changing so much on my PC, only surfing, hearing/watching music and movies and editing photos.

Sir there is a big differents in custom settings in 360 and security sets in 360, test it your self and see,with custom settings with a fresh install bitdefender and avira engine don't function in realtime. Security settings with a fresh install all engines function in real time.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Sir there is a big differents in custom settings in 360 and security sets in 360, test it your self and see,with custom settings with a fresh install bitdefender and avira engine don't function in realtime. Security settings with a fresh install all engines function in real time.
Thanks for pointing out! I used to just put on Security Preset as it will tick everything that can be manually chosen in custom when doing fresh installs, and to manually tick options like the PUP detection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.