Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Resource usage - if you're using cloud signatures for both AVs then it's almost nothing, if you activate avira signatures for baidu then of course it will be higher. Using Qihoo TSE with both avira and Bitdefender would put it at the highest amongst all.

Real world system impact - have only tested qihoo before and can say that it's relatively light on the system

Level of protection - Qihoo has this one if you are only talking about their cloud engines

Overall winner - have to say that it's Qihoo because of the better protection, although it can give more false positives

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we will compare only the in-house engine then Qihoo have an edge to Baidu.

If Avira engine both on then Qihoo still on the edge

Then of course Qihoo's 3 main engine when all are turned on surpasses Baidu.

What I'm saying, its a developmental phase for continuous improvements for in-house engine should measure; others are just supporting components.

Now in terms of features, Qihoo already proved that although FP rates are always a drawback, meanwhile Baidu keeps it to be simple and straightforward as possible.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Using Qihoo TSE with both avira and Bitdefender would put it at the highest amongst all
I disagree. I run all engines and it's so light (even on a VM on an HDD) that I had to thoroughly test it to convince myself it was doing anything. I'll caveat that with I don't know how it will do on, like, a 9-year old C2D PC with 2GB RAM.

I did confirm (via my own tests and with tech support) that in a bottleneck (slamming Qihoo with ridiculous amount of requests), it will back off to not 1) hang or 2) interfere with performance. Qihoo designed their product to run on 9-year old PCs but kept it robust in execution and features. It's really an understated product.

I can't say anything about Baidu since they didn't have a Win10 version at the time of my choosing.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I disagree. I run all engines and it's so light (even on a VM on an HDD) that I had to thoroughly test it to convince myself it was doing anything. I'll caveat that with I don't know how it will do on, like, a 9-year old C2D PC with 2GB RAM.

I did confirm (via my own tests and with tech support) that in a bottleneck (slamming Qihoo with ridiculous amount of requests), it will back off to not 1) hang or 2) interfere with performance. Qihoo designed their product to run on 9-year old PCs but kept it robust in execution and features. It's really an understated product.

I can't say anything about Baidu since they didn't have a Win10 version at the time of my choosing.
That's an interesting analysis, thanks for the info!

Reactions: Jimmy HendriX
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.