App Review Qihoo 360 TS Essentials All engines vs. Qihoo 360 TS Essentials

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 2913

So the difference in detection is 21 malware for ondemand scan i.e ondemand scan with Avira/Bd detected 21 more malware.
Rest, webshield & realtime detection same.

I think no need of Avira/Bd, 360 itself is good, what you say?

Can you tell me what all should be disabled for HIPS part?
I have disabled registry & file protection.

I don't know if keylogger & network protection will issue popups or detect/block as malware?

What does webcam protection do if it detects unauthorized webscam access, does it block & notify or issue popup about unauthorized access asking to allow/block?

In the absence of help files, features are not clear.

I emailed to Qihoo twice with few queries, about help files & English forum but first time they just gave a general reply, no info.
I requested them not to give general info but little detailed info but again the same general reply.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Thank you for the nice test FireShoot...
Your test proves that extra engines will not give any significant difference other than very high ram usage.
I think 360 cloud engine is more than enough to protect the normal user from most threats.

Reactions: silversurfer

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I use Qihoo TS, and now TSE with just the Qihoo engines which I find to be very capable. I also run MBAM Pro in tandem with it. I believe MBAM is more than capable with dealing w/offline threats.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.