Qihoo 360 TS + ... ZoneAlarm firewall free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Hi :)

I Am thinking of replacing the firewall of windows for zonealarm free firewall. Why? For improving, I suppose.
The truth is that the my computer is OK, when it had it with Online Armor free, the only thing that it was noticing is that it was late a few seconds more in starting, nothing more.
ZoneAlarm's idea is because it is an excellent firewall that does not have HIPS, according to Pcmag it is the best firewall of the market... I would like so much to know your opinions and that you were helping me to choose the best option.

Thank you friends. :)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Thanks @Terry Ganzi , but I can not see it, the following message " This video is no longer available because it has canceled the YouTube account associated with it"

What do you recommend me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I used Zone Alarm free firewall for a long time however that was many years ago. I think it still is a good firewall.
However Windows firewall is adequate also.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Features:
  • Two-Way Firewall - Makes your PC invisible to hackers and stops spyware from sending your data out to the Internet.
  • Advanced Firewall - Monitors programs for suspicious behavior spotting and stopping new attacks that bypass traditional anti-virus protection.
As far as I know, the Toolbar and ID Protection is optional, but whereas the Toolbar is available for all users, the ID Protection is US only.
  • Privacy & Security Toolbar - Provides site check, do not track, Facebook privacy scan, private browsing and more.
  • Identity Protection - Monitors your credit and alerts you of changes in your credit files.
Tip: Remember to perform a Custom Installation. And here is my How To Guide I recently posted, as the SKIP offers are hidden.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/illu...nealarm-free-firewall-without-toolbars.41949/

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I think you don't need so many protections.
6 month ago i have tested zonealarm with torjan and darkommet, he don't stop it.
I don't like comodo but i think comodo is really beter.
Qihoo TS is good but take care, policies privacy are not so good :(

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Killer combination. Zonealerm free is the best network firewall ( After Sygate free firewall which is not supported anymore :( )I have ever used. But because it's incompatible with Check Point VPN ( I need that for office work) I had to uninstall it.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Thanks!
@exterminator20 when I can ,i work with Xubuntu , but my wife and daughter make use of this computer. Torrents , emule downloaded ... so I wont give my computer a plus of security.

@Huracan I did not know that ID was only protecction in US . Thanks for the graphics , very comfortable and perfect guide .

@thepierrezou with Comodo Sandbox and HIPS services are repeated , with Zonealarm not, to me whenever I liked Comodo , but this version of ZoneAlarm seems very strong and complemented nicely with my antivirus . Is it better Comodo without Sandbox and HIPS or ZoneAlarm?. It is what I do not stop thinking
Regarding the privacy policy of Qihoo ... I have long used Windows and Google ... other more than it is "interested " in my browsing habits :rolleyes:

@Anupam It's a great thing that you give me , I do not usually use VPN , I guess I'll stick to Tails to surf anonymously

Thanks guys , you help me a lot :)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Thanks @Terry Ganzi , but I can not see it, the following message " This video is no longer available because it has canceled the YouTube account associated with it"

What do you recommend me?

Zonealarm is an ok firewall if all you does is browsing the net & streaming vid's but for heavy lifting i will not encourage you to use it,What you can do is to do some research about software firewalls & learn the do's & don'ts. I will help you to get started for example check this site:http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-firewall-protection.htm

Reactions: Logethica
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Zonealarm is an ok firewall if all you does is browsing the net & streaming vid's but for heavy lifting i will not encourage you to use it,What you can do is to do some research about software firewalls & learn the do's & don'ts. I will help you to get started for example check this site:http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-firewall-protection.htm

Thanks @Terry Ganzi I knew this study and what most penalizes the lack of HIPS , I do not understand is that scores under Windows Firewall.
Thank you very much for the interest that you are having with my request for help :)

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I think Private Firewall would be a very good option. I don't know much about zone alarm but i heard that it slows down internet browsing.
I have tried Private Firewall and i can tell you it is very very good. ;)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
I think Private Firewall would be a very good option. I don't know much about zone alarm but i heard that it slows down internet browsing.
I have tried Private Firewall and i can tell you it is very very good. ;)

I have privatefireall + Panda free in a computer with XP giving me an excellent result. Though it does not get up-to-date so much since it should be a safety soft and it is a semi discontinued and product.

But into my XP I do not change it it, but ... what I do not want is to duplicate services and Qihoo 360 TS has HIPS. If I deactivate HIPS from Privatefirewall, would it be better than ZoneAlarm?, in addition, that you already know me, my English is worse, Qihoo gives me the messages in Spanish, at the moment of receiving a message, I prefer to deal what he says, for what the HIPS to deactivating would be of the firewall. Perhaps without HIPS ... What do you think ?

@MikeV thanks , by the way , you should redesign the aesthetics of Privatefirewall , everyone would win ;)

@thepierrezou I'll be the first to see it :)

Reactions: MikeV

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I have privatefireall + Panda free in a computer with XP giving me an excellent result. Though it does not get up-to-date so much since it should be a safety soft and it is a semi discontinued and product.

But into my XP I do not change it it, but ... what I do not want is to duplicate services and Qihoo 360 TS has HIPS. If I deactivate HIPS from Privatefirewall, would it be better than ZoneAlarm?, in addition, that you already know me, my English is worse, Qihoo gives me the messages in Spanish, at the moment of receiving a message, I prefer to deal what he says, for what the HIPS to deactivating would be of the firewall. Perhaps without HIPS ... What do you think ?

@MikeV thanks , by the way , you should redesign the aesthetics of Privatefirewall , everyone would win ;)

@thepierrezou I'll be the first to see it :)

If you need a pure firewall without HIPS (you have right about Qihoo HIPS) then you should try the following:
- Xvirus Personal firewall (simple, light and no hips)
- Windows firewall with advance security (i don't remember the name exactly)
- Comodo Firewall (hips and sandbox disabled)

Note: I don't know why a third party firewall is so important (with 360 TS installed you get very strong security) but a third party firewall will add more resources and start up entries that maybe slow down your PC or your internet browsing.
Please take a look to a good comparison test by Britec:

As about Private Firewall re-design :
1. Private Firewall Light Concept
2. Private Firewall Dark Concept

Y

yigido

Thread author
Dark one amazing :cool:
For the question,
I tried all firewalls, most comfortable is Windows Firewall. Not many alerts, adequate protection.
My pick is Comodo Firewall, enable Proactive Config and then disable sandbox & HIPS, if you do not want them.
I tried all the firewall listed in the before posts. I always came back to Comodo. Why you need a firewall, it is the question?
Please read, Why You Don’t Need to Install a Third-Party Firewall (And When You Do)
and please see for ending my words with smiles :D
w1bYZj.gif

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No questionnable combination, its true that Zonealarm remains to be pure firewall as possible cause the concept here is to block any connection within rules set (none of HIPS/BB/sandbox)

Windows Firewall can be configured better with tiny tool like Tinywall, Windows Firewall notifier and others for accurate user interaction and set based on rule set.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
@MikeV , thank you very much . The problem that I have to use personal firewall Xvirus is little information that exists and it's in English, to feel comfortable i prefer a security tool well translated.

The video is very good, and fortunately for me with subtitles with what I could understand quite well ( with the help of my inseparable translators) what he said. :)

Yo have very good taste, Light Concept is much more enjoyable to watch than the original. Dark Concept is incredible. Beautiful, is as we say in my country "it plays in another division " :):)

@yigido Thank you very much for your advice and for your link. It was doing a lot of time that was not laughing so much, I have woken my wife up with the Gif that you have put. It is GREAT!. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

For what you say to me you see better Comodo "castrated" that any of its competitors and it gives me that to think.

@jamescv7 Thank you very much , so you tell me the philosophy of ZoneAlarm is the most similar to the Windows Firewall , but with added .
I tried a few months ago with Yimywall but for some strange reason seemed to go fine on my computer , can not remember the problem , I know it off and configured the Windows Firewall without this tool :)

Reactions: yigido and MikeV
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.