Qihoo Total Security 360 v8.6.0.1158 (Stable Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Hi Folks,

today, you can upgrade to the current version of Qihoo Total Security by downloading the installer or just by triggering an manual update (click on the version number bottom left or open the drop-down menu (=) icon and pick "check for updates".
In both ways, you can update on the fly.

Changelog:
  • Fixed: Bug fixes

Thank you for reading :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Try it out, you'll love it :) For a free product, strong protection but you don't really feel system impact :)
How is the FPs with Qihoo nowadays? FPs were on higher side, any improvements?

And do you suggest any or both Bd/Avira enabled or only Qihoo Cloud?

Reactions: Der.Reisende
D

Deleted member 2913

I tried TSE & didn't liked it. I always found it not quality AV.

I tried downloading clt.zip. It sometimes find it safe & sometimes unknown. Attached is the screen. Plus FPs are still high. Has other quirks. IMHO its an OK AV. There are much better free quality AVs.

Attachments

• scr.png
    scr.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 514

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Hi @yesnoo, I use it at both stock settings (only cloud engines active, PUP detection disabled) on the Malware HUB laptop, and on my other PC with "Security" Preset + PUP detection enabled, means BD + Avira are active here.

On Laptop, I only had an issue with HMP scheduler detected by 360 Extension for Chrome, telling me it is an suspicious entry. This happened while visiting PayPal (the extension can be set to check endangered areas of the PC in combination with QTS360 on online shopping websites, but can also set manually for every site you like to have checked when opening).

Regarding the other PC, I never had issues with Steam nor everything else.

The only issue I found with the latest stable is that context scans take longer to start.

I would say, as long as your PC has internet connection most of the time, cloud will be enough, no need for Avira / BD, check the Hub for the very good detection rates most of the time. However, QTS360 most of the time has whitelisted chinese PUP/PUA.

Sorry for the late reply, just back from the lessons.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
UPDATE:

I just received v8.6.0.1132 by knocking off manual update, no official changelog / download link @ Qihoo 360 webpage.
Stay tuned for updates. - Please refer to the post below.

EDIT: Thank you @Mops21, they must have read my complaint about no changelog ;)

I changed both thread title and Tags.

Attachments

• update.PNG
    update.PNG
    65.2 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
UPDATE:

8.6.0.1139 === 28.06.2016
  • Behoben: Bug-Fixes
I changed both thread title and Tags.

Upgrade as stated above.

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Are you experiencing in-app Ads in 360 Total Security, as posted here?
Hi @Huracan, sorry for the delayed reply, came home from the afternoon lessons just now :) I would have answered on the related thread in the past, but somehow it didn't work on the day posted, and then forgot to reply. I deactivated the boot time feature (my boot time could be much better on this laptop, but it usually just sleeps, unless I do a restart out of ShadowDefender to cleanup the system). With the boot time feature activated, it would show an advertisement (some system optimation tool last time I saw it).
Also, there are still ok advertisements in Toolbox, the same for about half an year +.
I always push upgrades manually, it does on the fly then. Attached are screenshots of what I noticed regarding ads. QTS360 is in stock setting.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the ad popping up when performing context scan. It advertises Qihoo own 360 Connect (nothing new, too).

It could be worse ;)

Attachments

• ad.JPG
    ad.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 421
  • startup.JPG
    startup.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Is the advertisements works only when the internet connection active or downloads the cache already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.