Qihoo360 is Ranked No.1 in Software Industry for Vulnerability Detection and Protection Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
June 17th, 2014
June 11, 2014, Microsoft gave Qihoo 360 a vote of thanks in public for working independently on finding vulnerability and assisting Microsoft in bug-fixes. It is the first time that Microsoft gave so much thanks to a security software company, which is superior over other companies around the world. Qihoo 360’s capacity in vulnerability detecting and protection is ranked first in the globe.

Wide-spread and high-risk Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) attacks various user’s system vulnerabilities. Thus vulnerability detection and protection capacity is the core of a security company.

Microsoft gave thanks to Qihoo 360 38 times. Qihoo 360 has world-leading vulnerability detection skill.

On June 11, Microsoft released 7 security patches to fix 66 bugs of various systems like Win7, Win8, IE, and Office.

t01df572eed489a8d1b.jpg

One-third of 66 bugs Microsoft fixed were solely detected by Qihoo 360. 360 not only has partnership with Microsoft MAPP Program, but also is a core support unit of CNNVD (China National Vulnerability Database of Information Security).

Qihoo 360 is No.1 in vulnerability protection capacity evaluated by different institutions.

Through detecting vulnerabilities actively, finding bugs timely, 360 further developed its vulnerability protection capacity. 360 has become the market leader of vulnerability protection.

Four of the most-known institutions in the world AV-C、AV-TEST、COSEINC、PCSL held vulnerability protection capacity tests separately after Microsoft officially suspended Windows XP service on April 8th. Many big name security companies took the test including Qihoo 360, Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, Eset, Kaspersky, Norton, etc. 360 is ranked first in all of the tests. The average block rate among the security companies participated the test was around 60%, while Qihoo 360 achieved a 100% block rate.

t011ca9a230d39e1d27.jpg

Rankings of XP protection provided by four institutions

Qihoo 360 is leading the global industry of vulnerability detecting and protecting, and 360 will bring better Internet and mobile protection to users around the world.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Hmmmmm, Asian IT guys at Qihoo getting the job done for Microsoft at a "cake price".

Well, I can only say...

GO FOR IT MOTHER CHINA YEEEEHAWWWWW!!! :D

p.s : sorry for caps, couldnt hold myself, and no offense any chinese fellows here :)

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I wonder if this has something to do with this article?

Microsoft and Qihi signed a contract to share data to help fight malware.

After suffering the banning of Windows 8 in China, Microsoft is clearly trying to get back in the good graces of the People's Republic of China government by embracing Qihoo. Clearly Qihoo has a fine product, scoring the best detection rates among free anti-viruses in recent testing. However, the sharp criticism the company has received in mainland China's own press is unsettling.

http://www.ibtimes.com/privacy-issu...des-free-antivirus-software-are-becoming-more
http://www.techinasia.com/massive-expose-blasts-qihoo-360-cancer-internet/

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013

Well, on another thread I just caught hell for not yet being ready to throw all my software from PRC companies overboard; now I'm called a hater. The way I see it, the more information put out there, the better, including what you posted here (notice my "like"). I think people who are considering Qihoo 360 should have a chance to hear from its detractors before making a final decision, just like I posted a query about Bitdefender here and heard a lot from its detractors. I said Qihoo 360 is "a fine product", and I think it's great that a free anti-virus is repeatedly showing itself competitive with the really big boys in AV testing. I would welcome the posting of any information tending to exonerate Qihoo. In fact I would like to use Qihoo 360 some time in the future if my concerns can be alleviated. One thing that would certainly help would be if the PRC government would turn from its deep association with the hacking underworld to opposition to it.

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Well, on another thread I just caught hell for not yet being ready to throw all my software from PRC companies overboard; now I'm called a hater. The way I see it, the more information put out there, the better, including what you posted here (notice my "like"). I think people who are considering Qihoo 360 should have a chance to hear from its detractors before making a final decision, just like I posted a query about Bitdefender here and heard a lot from its detractors. I said Qihoo 360 is "a fine product", and I think it's great that a free anti-virus is repeatedly showing itself competitive with the really big boys in AV testing. I would welcome the posting of any information tending to exonerate Qihoo. In fact I would like to use Qihoo 360 some time in the future if my concerns can be alleviated. One thing that would certainly help would be if the PRC government would turn from its deep association with the hacking underworld to opposition to it.

Cheers :)

Would it make sense for Microsoft to walk hand in hand with a so called fraud,that all i'm asking:rolleyes:

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
@marg
If you have enabled both Avira & Bitdefender, The update size is around above 500MB i guess & where as on other have if you compare it with ESET, which might be having it whole database will be around 50 - 70 MB.

& ESET has detection rate equal to or even higher than Qihoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.