Qihoo360 is Ranked No.1 in Software Industry for Vulnerability Detection and Protection Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

If I understand you correctly, the problem was appeared after you use this "Patch" feature on 360 TS right? if so..I'd suggest try 360 IS instead since it's more mature and stable. My experience with this "Patch" feature was...my windows is up to date (the important not the optional one) when I scanned it with this "patch" feature it was detected some vulnerabilty patch, so I try to patched it (I created a system snapshot before in case it would messed up my system) after I patched it, my windows update was messed up, saying I never updated it before, but after I re-scan it...everything backs to normal, not sure what happened then I just roll back to my previous state before. I guess this "patch" feature is still on beta or something.

I'm not sure 100%, but i think it happened while installing the patches. Do you know if they have some kind of a support forum? I will try Qihoo again but won't install their so called "patches"

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I'm not sure 100%, but i think it happened while installing the patches. Do you know if they have some kind of a support forum? I will try Qihoo again but won't install their so called "patches"

I temporary uninstalled Avast just installed 360 Total Security to check it out to see if it is as good as many members claim it to be.
After the first system reboot my system was lagging pretty bad. So I allowed it to scan using all engines and it found 17 false positives compared to Avast only detected 4. The patch feature found 12 Windows Updates compared to the Windows Update features which said my system was completely updated. So I did not apply these unknown updates. Second reboot system still lagging, browsers are now slow and opening Windows Explorer seems to lag out. I could not get Google Earth to open without disabling real-time features.
360 Total Security still needs a lot of work before it is ready to complete with other AV's. Detection is one thing, but useability is more important. So it is back to Avast Free which never gives me any problems.

Enjoy!! :D

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I install 360TS on my pc & others to test,D only thing that i can say negative is that it's scan results of malware packs is not consistent
i check with my peoples daily & when we sit down & chat everyone talks about it's detection consistence and these is IT certified guy's
& girls,no browser slow down or false positives,all i can say i'm astonished.:eek:

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Thats what I have 7x64 littlebits. I did the patches & updates & I haven't a problem that I know of. Everything seems to be normal for me. Maybe I am just lucky I didn't get any problems? Do you have a lot of Apps installed by chance??

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Thats what I have 7x64 littlebits. I did the patches & updates & I haven't a problem that I know of. Everything seems to be normal for me. Maybe I am just lucky I didn't get any problems? Do you have a lot of Apps installed by chance??
Yes I have a lot of programs installed, maybe the reason other users don't get so many false positives.
Of coarse that is the best way to test for false positives, it is useless to check on an system with few programs or an empty system.

Thanks. :D

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
OK... Thanks! I have no apps installed except ccleaner. Evidently 360 dosn't play well with certain apps. Thats a shame.

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
there will be no eset, kaspersky, norton at least not paid in the future china will take full control of this market the same as electronic, cars etc

The same as cars? LOL! Really? Cars? Where do you live? MSE is awful despite what you think. A few months ago MS even said a person needs more than MSE in the way of AV for protection. That says a lot.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
The patch feature found 12 Windows Updates compared to the Windows Update features which said my system was completely updated. So I did not apply these unknown updates.

I have experience with several third party programs, including Comodo Programs Manager, providing me with genuine Windows updates that my OS had failed to provide me. So I no longer trust the efficiency of Windows' own update notification, and I determined that from now on I will supplement it with third party programs' capabilities.

D

Deleted member 178

Lol !!! an AV that ask me to install Windows Updates from i don't know where, no way...the best way to get spywares and other useles stuff from the AV company itself...and of course not detected by the said AV

as if your car run very fine and the repair guy of the garage says "hey something wrong with your car , you should add this and this..."

seriously? you believe him? if yes :

cExmBCF.jpg

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I temporary uninstalled Avast just installed 360 Total Security to check it out to see if it is as good as many members claim it to be.
After the first system reboot my system was lagging pretty bad. So I allowed it to scan using all engines and it found 17 false positives compared to Avast only detected 4. The patch feature found 12 Windows Updates compared to the Windows Update features which said my system was completely updated. So I did not apply these unknown updates. Second reboot system still lagging, browsers are now slow and opening Windows Explorer seems to lag out. I could not get Google Earth to open without disabling real-time features.
360 Total Security still needs a lot of work before it is ready to complete with other AV's. Detection is one thing, but useability is more important. So it is back to Avast Free which never gives me any problems.

Enjoy!! :D
I also tried it before in window 7 32/64 bit , on my AMD phenom X2 550 dual core old machine & never faced any lagging or slow down in surfing. And if false positive comes u can exclude it in whitelist. I also installed many programs back in my window 7 64 bit machine & i only get a few false positive only on game exe files :)

D

Deleted member 178

seems lot of people like Qihoo because of its triple "uber" engines; if that so, just ask me , i can give you a setup with 12+ RT engines/prevention components running a same time without any conflicts, but of course , it is a pointless way to be protected.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

LOL, the Bitdefender engine definitions is not updated from 17th June. They should have been downloaded now, working pc about 2 hours after install and 1 hour after reboot. When i install Bitdefender it's whole update takes no more than a minute and half. I can't trust the Chinese Qihoo for now, even if i don't care about China and US.:rolleyes:

Reactions: marg

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Hmm... Avira updated on June 20th & Bitdefender updated on June 21st for me. The program was also updated to version 4.0.0.267...!

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I think what gives BD too many false positives is the Active Virus Control and/or its Intrusion Detection System. I believe they're not part of AV softwares that use BD engine.
Unless, these false positives come from BD's detection signatures.
The false positives come from Bitdefender's signatures. Emsisoft has a lot of FPs thanks to them. Not from IDS or AVC.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
It seems that Bitdefender does not play well with different App's from what I have read on the Forum here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.