Qihoo360 is Ranked No.1 in Software Industry for Vulnerability Detection and Protection Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

The false positives come from Bitdefender's signatures. Emsisoft has a lot of FPs thanks to them. Not from IDS or AVC.

Of course there are FPs which are caused by a signature, but on mine FP was clearly said "Active Virus Control has blocked a proccess Reason: The applications behavior can harm your computer" Yes, it was an FP and it was catched by AVC. I don't think we need to argue what feature makes the FPs as this is not important.;)

The problem is not in the testing labs, they just test the paid Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and not BD AV free edition. And it was very stupid release IMO.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Of course there are FPs which are caused by a signature, but on mine FP was clearly said "Active Virus Control has blocked a proccess Reason: The applications behavior can harm your computer" Yes, it was an FP and it was catched by AVC. I don't think we need to argue what feature makes the FPs as this is not important.;)

The problem is not in the testing labs, they just test the paid Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and not BD AV free edition. And it was very stupid release IMO.
Another problem with AV testing labs is they usually test systems with very few programs installed therefore it is impossible to tell the false positive detections.

Enjoy!! :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I take the testing results with a grain of salt.If you like an AV and it works well for you then you should use it.My personal views are that these testing results are tainted by either "gift$" or some hidden agenda that revolves around money (hint: MS & 360).
Now before everyone flies off the handle this is my personal opinion,I am not trying to offend anyone.I use what I use because it works for me.If somebody doesn't like it or it has not worked for them I value their opinion.It is no skin off my back as I have not had an infection in so long(easily over 15 years) I can't remember. I will stick with what works for me no matter what anyone says or what some testing lab results may show.It's not like your saying my kid lost the soccer game for the team and should be the towel boy.When these testing results are posted it should be for informational purposes and discussion.If someone offers an opinion they are entitled to that opinion whether it goes with or against the results.

I say ban testing lab results from being posted :p Lets rely on unbiased testing.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
It seems that Bitdefender does not play well with different App's from what I have read on the Forum here.

Advanced System Care Ultimate with the Bitdefender engine is compatible with other anti-viruses (http://www.softexia.com/anti-virus/advanced-systemcare-ultimate/), which my experience confirmed.

Another problem with AV testing labs is they usually test systems with very few programs installed therefore it is impossible to tell the false positive detections.

Ahh, that's info worth knowing. It would be a lot more relevant to their testing of on-demand scanning than realtime protection, wouldn't it?

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
all of u people here are just trying to waste system resources for no resume at all. one AV is more then enough.
anyway its a good idea to reinstall windows once in 2 years at least.
Nothing like starting over again with a fresh clean system!

Reactions: nissimezra

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Lol !!! an AV that ask me to install Windows Updates from i don't know where, no way...the best way to get spywares and other useles stuff from the AV company itself...and of course not detected by the said AV

as if your car run very fine and the repair guy of the garage says "hey something wrong with your car , you should add this and this..."

seriously? you believe him? if yes :

cExmBCF.jpg

Sorry, but I think what you are saying is foolish. Would Qihoo, Microsoft's brand new partner, the one who has most actively helped MS patch their OS, really offer fake updates so they could spy on users?

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Sorry, but I think what you are saying is foolish. Would Qihoo, Microsoft's brand new partner, the one who has most actively helped MS patch their OS, really offer fake updates so they could spy on users?
I agree! If the Chinese ran Micropoo it would be an awesome product IMO. Micropoo always seems to mess up with every new release of their product IMO.

Reactions: nissimezra and Kent
D

Deleted member 178

Can you prove me im wrong? Until then, no way i trust a chinese product about privacy. I live near China in another "open" communist country and sorry but communism and spying are a long time couple. And china is well known to play dirty.

About Qihoo and microsoft as i said earlier it is just for business until one definitely screw the other, and i dont put yet geopolitic in the mix.

Now you can say im a fool , but i like to say :

Better be a paranoid fool than a smart victim

:D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Can you prove me im wrong? Until then, no way i trust a chinese product about privacy. I live near China in another "open" communist country and sorry but communism and spying are a long time couple. And china is well known to play dirty.

About Qihoo and microsoft as i said earlier it is just for business until one definitely screw the other, and i dont put yet geopolitic in the mix.

Now you can say im a fool , but i like to say :

Better be a paranoid fool than a smart victim

:D

Unless you fall victim to your own paranoia... :rolleyes:

I just think there is more money (and less lawsuits and punishments) in staying legit than in betraying a company that has the backing of the US, all the while you are doing international business in full view of the global community. Why would Qihoo backdoor their own users? That would be a 100% sure way to destroy the company, should an auditor or a competing company one day manage to reveal the truth. And talking about severe governments, can you imagine what the Chinese government would do to Qihoo CEO Hongyi Zhou if it became public that they were backdooring millions of Chinese users?

And to entertain the possibility that they might be actually doing this, why would they first produce fake Windows updates and then wait for the user to install them in order to be backdoored?

D

Deleted member 178

Because i have dozen of facts, just google about government sponsored hacking , you will see mostly the big countries as culprits.

The thread is about Qihoo , major brand in China, and in a communism countries, you cant be a top company without be related and affiliated to some government members, then my personal opinion.

Right or not only the future will tell

D

Deleted member 178

@Jaspion : I remember a chinese company creating a malware infecting people then released the only one "cure", the Ceo was jailed but the company still alive... surely ran by another board member...

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
@Jaspion : I remember a chinese company creating a malware infecting people then released the only one "cure", the Ceo was jailed but the company still alive... surely ran by another board member...
Was it Qihoo?

Qihoo, from what I know, was born 3721, and was not a security product. It was hard to uninstall, maybe it was a browser hijacker, or maybe not so bad. I would need some Chinese people's opinion here, I mean, not necessarily Chinese, but someone who had better information. Now, while this can be bad, how much worse can it be than western products that trick the user into buying the paid version, or install PUPs, etc? And, 3721 is past, while some of these practices are still present in some companies.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Lets take a deep breath here.Nobody is saying or has said anything racist.What has been said here is nothing more than hasn't already been said or reported in the mainstream media.Honestly this is another thread gone off the rails.It baffles me that the original post on page one was about testing lab reports & 360 and now on page six members are being called racist.

It's a thread about :
"
Four of the most-known institutions in the world AV-C、AV-TEST、COSEINC、PCSL held vulnerability protection capacity tests separately after Microsoft officially suspended Windows XP service on April 8th. Many big name security companies took the test including Qihoo 360, Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, Eset, Kaspersky, Norton, etc. 360 is ranked first in all of the tests. The average block rate among the security companies participated the test was around 60%, while Qihoo 360 achieved a 100% block rate."

I saw some members who find the institutions and their claims hard to swallow and expressed themselves.

Now 5 pages later I see members arguing over another members opinion because they feel their opinion is the right opinion.Others find it ok to disrespect staff and other members in the forums because they are offended by another opinion.If the thread cannot be discussed civilly then the thread will be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.