Qiyu Swordfish Browser - Chrome-based (Chinese/English)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramonjosegn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
I am discover this web browser, I think there is not opinions in the forum

I am testing, but some options dislike me (copy with drag not working, shared with Twitter open a new window).

The browser is in English and Chinese but the installer only in Chinese

旗鱼浏览器官网 - 轻爽的极速浏览器,旗鱼浏览器官方下载,Chrome浏览器增强版
旗鱼浏览器官网 - 轻爽的极速浏览器,旗鱼浏览器官方下载,Chrome浏览器增强版

32 and 64 bits browser

Have check multiple spelling for differents languages

(sorry for my english)

Reactions: Rishi

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Out of all of the Chinese Browsers that I have tried... mostly all of them are really nothing more than replicated features and a new browser name.

You'd be better off getting a better alternative (that isn't Chinese) of course.​

Last edited:

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Add: i uninstalled and rebooted pc, and i still had this

iMBOGGc.png

I might be wrong but i recommend testing under sandbox or with ShadowDefender. Probably not a virus, just an update junk or something.. Anyways, got rid of it.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Tested it in a VM right now, it just average, has more bugs than your normal chromium based browser. If you want lesser known chromium based ones you could try - Blackhawk(from Netgate) or SuperBird.Feature rich would be Slimjet,Vivaldi,Baidu Spark or Torch browser.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nothing will never be same if the browser adds torrents or social integration, cause the performance will always be same due to Chromium based engine so everything goes to the reliability and how optimize on browsing.

For Chinese users then likely yes, but not for majority ones due to better alternatives out there.

ramonjosegn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Reactions: Rishi and Morvotron

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.