[Question] Are you interested in RAT/Keylogger stubs upload ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Hey guys, Aura here.

Everyday, I come across different samples of RATs and Keyloggers (stubs). Most of them are crypted with different crypters and coming from different RATs and Keyloggers, therefore, varied samples. Would you be interested/am I allowed to upload these samples for you to play with if you want ? One fun thing with these stubs is that you can use them to backtrace the spreader and try to shutdown his C&C server, if you have people able to do that here.

Just wondering if you guys would be interested in that.

Thank you.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Alright then, I'll start uploading them as soon as I get across samples.
Are you interested in backtracing the stubs to their spreaders too and try to take down the C&C server or not ? Just wondering.

MalwareHunter

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 30, 2014
Alright then, I'll start uploading them as soon as I get across samples.
Are you interested in backtracing the stubs to their spreaders too and try to take down the C&C server or not ? Just wondering.
I'm waiting for you samples.

If anyone, here in MalwareTips can take down c&c servers, I will try to extract informations from the samples (hosts, IPs, ports and emails with passes from stealers if needed) when I have time for it.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I'm waiting for you samples.

If anyone, here in MalwareTips can take down c&c servers, I will try to extract informations from the samples (hosts, IPs, ports and emails with passes from stealers if needed) when I have time for it.

This is a fun thing to do yes. I have a friend that does that all day long for fun. I assisted him once and we managed to shutdown a C&C server with over 500 slaves on it.
Good times.

D

Deleted member 21043

YES! We are very interested in it. You can upload them over at Malware Hub (Virus Exchange).

Thanks! :)

D

Deleted member 21043

How do you want me to upload to this website without reading Chinese, haha.
I can't use those chinese websites. I don't know Chinese, and I simply refuse to learn it. I get my time pulled off my hands enough than dedicating so much effort to learning it, after having to learn French AND German every year at school for the past 3 years, and before secondary Spanish. I simply will not learn another, especially in my own time... Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.