Not open for further replies.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Hi All,

I would like to seek advice on how to determine if there's any risk in downloading IOS apps that's low in rating or download counts (I.e. Apps made by china developers).

I've bought a smartwatch from China recently and it requires me to use their companion app which is available in the app store hence the question.

For android I do know there's high risk in downloading unknown apps (Repackaged apps, data logging apps), does that appeared in Apple app store too?

Apology if this question has been asked.

Thanks.

Reactions: upnorth

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@Spawn Thank you for the reply, I just want to know how can iOS apps do data harvesting on iPhone. I do not recall seeing any permission page for iOS, please correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.