Advice Request question - Strange “Windows Updates” behaviour

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

beginner-mt

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 6, 2019
Hi guys.

I wonder if you could help

My Win10 computer’s “Windows Updates” was supposed to be disabled. For one week.

As usual, I used the “Pause updates for seven days” option.

I’ve done it for ages, so I guess I know how this works.

I’ve glanced yesterday, and all was at it should have been.

Yet, today, I noticed that, instead of being paused, "Windows Updates" said

“You’re up to date” --- “Last checked today etc etc”

Not only had I, as I said before, previously disabled “Windows Updates”, but also my desktop computer was physically disconnected from the internet.

I’ve scanned the computer for viruses, malware, etc. With different programs. Twice. All seems to be fine.

Can anyone please help me understand what goes on??

in advance, thank you very much

Christian

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Maybe a logic error in update check like none never updates are available so it's up2date.
Connect your PC to internet and check for updates. Allowing telemetry will also helping to report the problem and fix it.

Thiagoo

Level 3
May 10, 2021
As far as i know when there is important security patches or quality updates, when you pause updates for 7 days it will install the security patch/quality update and then pause it. WU probably just installed the rest of the updates along with a security patch/quality update.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.