Rainbow Six: Siege's open beta begins later today

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The latest open beta test for the upcoming tactical shooter Rainbow: Six Siege will kick off later today, and marks the second testing period for the title, before its final release next month. After a somewhat well-received multiplayer beta two months ago, its successor falls one week before the game hits store shelves.

The beta will be open to the general public on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC and while testing is already underway to select gamers, wider access is yet to be come. The beta will be available to download at 10am EST, and has an estimated download size of 7.5-8.5GB, depending on platform.

Rainbow Six: Siege is scheduled to release December 1st, two days after the second multiplayer beta concludes. While the beta still uses a pre-release build of the game, it can be expected to be highly polished, and come close to the quality of the full release. This week’s beta may end up serving more as a demo than a beta, but network stress testing is scheduled to be ongoing throughout the week, to ensure a smooth launch. Unlike earlier titles in the franchise, Rainbow Six: Siege launches without a single-player story experience, which makes stable multiplayer servers a necessity.

Ubisoft has also promised that the game is still seeing final polish and stability on consoles is still being tuned, up until release. The game currently runs at 900p on Playstation 4, and 720p on Xbox One, but Ubisoft have hinted that small improvements may arrive later down the line.

Source: Ubisoft

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Select gamers (at least on Xbox One) are those who have played the closed beta (it just updates/downloads the open beta). They reset everything you did unfortunately however there are new characters to play and most likely more maps for terrorist hunt (my favorite mode). Honestly the game already ran fast and stable for me but the network (as usual with Ubisoft) is very unstable and sometimes isn't working. I remember trying to play AC: Unity co-op with my brother... it was horrid.

Rainbow: Six Seige is a very fun game regardless and gives you an option to go solo on terrorist hunt. Something a lot of games don't do anymore since everything is multiplayer based. Recommend this game for CQC fans. I personally won't be buying it but I can recommend it. It's a quality game.

Reactions: Exterminator

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.