Troubleshoot Random Command prompt pop up and disappear

Mauricio Ortiz

Thread author
May 29, 2017
Hi,

Issue came up and my only memory is that I updated NVidia drivers (382.33). Keeps alt tabbing me from games for just a second, pretty annoying.

Please find attached analysis reports if anyone wants to review.

Best,
M

Attachments

• Addition_29-05-2017 00.09.26.txt
    52.4 KB · Views: 557
  • FRST_29-05-2017 00.09.26.txt
    78.4 KB · Views: 395
  • MWBScan.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 425
  • ZHPDiag.txt
    135.3 KB · Views: 893

Byser

May 29, 2017
I am having this same problem. I thought I was seeing things but it happens like every 45 mins to 1 hour? I havent updated anything and havent been to any shady sites. It pops me out of games and just is something that has never happen before.

Upvote 0

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
There are some chances that these pop up are legit. It is not the first time I've seen them, my cousing computer had a few of these. Sometimes windows task scheduler has something to do with it. It can also be malware.

I would advise you to do not use Skype as it is known to be non safe in the large run. There are some weird files under your temp folder, I'd go with Ccleaner and clean temp files. The rest looks fine, like already noted above you should go to:

Malware Removal Assistance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

honeyandthemoon

Level 1
May 30, 2017
Hi! Posting on this thread too in case people don't see the other one. I had the same problem- apparently it is something to do with the latest update.

I fixed it by doing the following:
Search PC for/open Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Office
You'll get a list of tasks that are scheduled to run every X minutes/hours on your computer.
One of them will have just triggered a minute ago around the time you noticed the popup ("Last Run Time")
The culprit is most likely OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration
Right click this and select "disable".

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 950
Last edited:
Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hi! Posting on this thread too in case people don't see the other one. I had the same problem- apparently it is something to do with the latest update.

I fixed it by doing the following:
Wait for the popup to happen -> Search PC for/open Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library
You'll get a list of tasks that are scheduled to run every X minutes/hours on your computer.
One of them will have just triggered a minute ago around the time you noticed the popup ("Last Run Time")
Right click this and select "disable".
It's most likely a Microsoft Office/Word process from the looks of things, but mine was my printer software!

Hope this helps!
Great to maybe see a solution for this. Been seeing this a lot here at MT lately. ;)

Upvote 0

Milton

May 30, 2017
Hello people, i'm kinda having the same issue. It looks like this kind of problem happens because of some task that fails to run. I would like to know if there's some program, or some way to make that when something happens to my screen my pc auto takes a screeshot, with this i'll be able to see exactly where my problem is located.

Hope someone can help, and thaks =D

Upvote 0

Byser

May 29, 2017
Glad to see some advice and tips guys/gals! Ill be trying these steps later this evening and giving a update so everyone can maybe fix their issues as well. Until this evening!!!

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.