App Review RansomStopper by CyberSight

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Another anti-ransomware placebo. At least this one is "free" (considering the protection it offers). Sad, but it seems so many "anti-" programs are more scandalous than the ransomware they claim to prevent.... as we get fleeced ponying-up for the software and then face the ransom payment when the "anti-" fails to deliver.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
:) does not run well on a hardened system :ROFLMAO:

upload_2017-12-9_9-47-3.png

D

Deleted member 65228

Protects regardless of attack method

*Except for during system start-up... Pretty stupid they cannot protect for malware auto-starting once the user session has been created :ROFLMAO:

Knew it was all talk from the minute the promotion was posted here on a thread. Looked at the website and saw the marketing... Spoke for itself. When you try hard with marketing you start to make false claims and appear pressured and that is usually a good indicator that it isn't all as it seems

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Hi Guys- Although I promised myself absolutely NO social media for a while, I would direct you to view the comments made by the Developer on YouTube for this video (I'm not trying to get more views- if I wanted a million I would post a video of Ophelia coughing up a hairball...). Although I was overly Cruel on the video (how can I not be?), they took the video not as an insult but as the constructive criticism that I intended it to be. They acknowledged the current shortcomings of the product and are striving to fix them. Their response was both very honest and very gracious and speaks well of future product development.

I just hope that I can dissuade them for NEVER EVER trying to turn their product into an All-In-One malware product as this has never yet ended well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.