New Update RAV Online Security (ReasonLabs)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Online Security provides real-time, 24/7 protection against malicious URLs, harmful extensions, suspicious downloads, intrusive cookies and trackers, unauthorized notifications and pop-ups.
  • URL Blocker
  • Dark Web Monitoring
  • Disables Harmful Extensions
  • Blocks Cookies and Trackers
  • Monitors Downloads - seamlessly integrates with RAV Endpoint Protection (Reason Labs’ Antivirus)
  • Notification Control
  • Threat Scanner

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Doesnt seem to block any phishing urls. I have not heard anything about reasonlabs and they have even 5 million downloads on chrome web store

This pre scan feature is very nice, i havent seen it before with any other extension:unsure:

phishtank.png

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
They’ve been around for a while, they were founded by Andrew Newman who previously worked at Microsoft (Head of Threat Research) if I remember correctly. Their Endpoint Security is similar to Deep Instinct and their secure DNS (the only thing I’ve tried from them) is generally OK though threat blocking needs to be improved.
Haven’t tried their VPN or dark web scanning features but it seems they are aiming to become another Aura/Surfshark. The antivirus here is better though.

Last edited:

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Back in the days i run a lot of testing on their old product and it was nothing but waste of time and money... And after you start investigating in deep you may see that the program is nothing special. But I like the Ui. As for Web and Mic protection their very good. Malware from 10k Malware Samples as i remember like 4k+ and that was te was the end of my testing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.