File and Photo backup
simple cut and paste command

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello :)

Well actually its better to test AV's with samples on virtual machine if enough computer resources or separate computer.

Since its containing drivers then improper uninstallation of AV may cause future risks/issues to your host system.

For backup its better to have snapshot like Rollback RX Free version alongside of conducting system image with built in feature of Windows as you test those software. (if cannot done in VM as possible)

Optimized extension for all browsers are: HTTPS Everywhere and Adguard.

Have a backup scanner like MBAM and Hitman Pro/Zemana AntiMalware

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
thanks for your suggestions,I will definitely try different software suggested by you all. @ jamescv7 sir,for testing malware I use my old spare laptop.@frogboy sir I do not use more than one antivirus at a time.I uninstall them using rev uninstaller followed by cclaener and manual deletion of leftover.

Reactions: Logethica
L

LabZero

For backup and recovery is not meant to "copy and paste" but it means having a program that can ensure a backup plan so as to secure the OS by creating a system image on a second partition or a external HDD to use in case of a crash due to serious errors or malware.
You can use Windows Backup Tool or third-party software such as Paragon B&R free or Aomei onekey or others of your choice.:)
https://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/
http://www.backup-utility.com/onekey-recovery.html

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Your real time & on demand scanners are confusing.The idea is to list the one you are currently using.
Therefore given that you are using Just one of those listed I would consider:
Some on demand scanner(s) such as MBAM,EEK,HMP,Eset Online scanner
Some type of backup solution
The extensions uBlock,HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome & FF and Quick Java in FF

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
Thank you captain sir,i do not like any kind of scanner instead I like to use my brain however I am using EIS just to give me some false sense of security .
I shall be grateful to you if you can tell me any tool or give me some advice regarding how to secure other side of the net.i mean it is my responsibility to keep my machine for example if I am doing online transaction I can take all the precautions from my side but what about the other side ,there server may be got compromised .And what about the MIM attack ,the man sitting in the middle not in my system or browser.
Please bear with my writing , English is not my mother tongue and to learn English I have forgotten my mother tongue.so I have become kind of MIM in language

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
  1. Add some extensions for Chrome, such as HTTPS Everywhere, and Disconnect.
  2. Then, add uBlock Origin as adblocker
  3. Switch to DuckDuckGo to have more secure search engine
  4. Why not backups? Choose Macrium Reflect Free as backup solution, which is really good and fast.
  5. Add CCleaner
  6. Add SandBoxie and use it while browsing to have more protection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@ravi prakash saini: When it comes on MITM attacks then either use a tool like Hitman.ProAlert or verify the websites carefully.

Sometimes it is on the fault on developers to engage for possible vulnerabilities.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
thanks to all learned members for giving valuable suggestion, i will try them on Sunday ,right now i have exhausted my data limit so getting very poor speed.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Add Zemana Anti-Malware and some sort of backup software like AOMEI, and a computer cleaner like CCleaner. No need to bloat your browser with an adblocker.. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.