Razer's 12,800mAh 'Power Bank' can charge your laptop via USB Type-C

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There are dozens of power banks that are available for purchase, but that number gets considerably smaller when you refine the criteria for units that can charge more substantial or hefty devices using USB Type-C. While not cheap, Razer has announced a new battery pack that can charge all sorts of devices, even your laptop.

As mentioned previously, the 'Power Bank' isn't your typical run-of-the-mill power pack and provides the ability to charge up a laptop with its USB Type-C port. As far the design goes, it offers the customary Razer look with a muted black aluminum chassis and an etched logo.

The unit offers multiple ways to charge with two full-sized USB ports (5V / 2A, 9V / 2A, 12V / 1.5A) and also one USB-C (5V / 3A, 9V / 3A, 12V / 3A, 15V / 3A, 20V / 2.25A). Those with supported devices will be happy to know that the unit does offer Quick Charge 3.0 capability. The 'Power Bank' is versatile in terms of its own ability to recharge as it supports both microUSB and USB-C.

The Power Bank is not currently available for sale, but those interested can sign up on Razer's website to be informed when it becomes available. The product is expected to arrive in March at a price of $150.

Source: Razer via Engadget

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"it ships in March, at $150 (£170)" | Link

Can I buy from the US to save £50?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Good find!

I'm sure I can decide between this for the HP laptop or the DELL Companion 18000mAH for the DELL laptop

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.