AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test Feb-Mar 2020

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
The results are based on the test set of 372 live test cases (malicious URLs found in the field), consisting of working exploits (i.e. drive-by downloads) and URLs pointing directly to malware. Thus, exactly the same infection vectors are used as a typical user would experience in everyday life. The test-cases used cover a wide range of current malicious sites and provide insights into the protection given by the various products (using all their protection features) while surfing the web.

Every few months we update the charts on our website showing the protection rates of the various tested products over the various months. The interactive charts can be found on our website1. The chart below shows only the protection scores for the months of FEBRUARY and MARCH 2020 (372 test cases). The results of the false-positives test are also shown in the graph below.
a.PNG
Check the full result here

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Extreme FPs by Norton.

Now, Panda being better than Bitdefender? Wow

Kaspersky with 100% detection rate and almost none FPs, that's incredible.
As you already know, the Malwares samples at that time give this result. The same in a week is no longer the same, because they analyze other samples of malwares and the results change.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Sorry for my sincerity but I think that I do not use av comparatives to choose who best protects my system, it does not seem like a good test.
It shouldn't be used to fully inform a decision, but it can be used as a part of greater information gathering. In these large testing companies you can see when certain products start to really go downhill.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.