Any help will be appreciated - Hoping to avoid having to buy a new phone.
- Operating System
- Other Operating System (Specify in thread)
- Infection date and initial symptoms
Pop ups when opening random apps (usually a video ad for Sprint mobile) - phone is with Verizon. Redirect issues (Chrome)
- Current issues and symptoms
- still happening - I have caught the names: adnetwork performance & za1.zeroredirect1 on the browser.
- Steps taken in order to remove the infection
Cleared preferences, caches & the like. Tried AVAST, Malwarebytes, AVG Mobile & CM Security apps - none of them found anything. (Video pop ups even occurred when opening the AVAST app)
have read a lot of forums in the last few days....many have posted that factory reset did NOT fix the issue - so I'm hoping to avoid having to do it. It has happened when connected to both a Wi-Fi network & when using moblie data -- and when I have been in multiple places. (home, work, driving)
Samsung Galaxy S4 running Lollipop(?) Android 5.0.1
Any guidance would be appreciated.