ReHIPS - An HIPS/Sandbox without kernel Hooks - (quick test included)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
I bet the new release will be good. There are some fixes and features that I am looking forward to.
It's pretty good already and stable enough for some testing so you should try it when you find time. Actually moved it to my production machine to test after a month of vm testing.;)

Aug 20, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
It's pretty good already and stable enough for some testing so you should try it when you find time. Actually moved it to my production machine to test after a month of vm testing.;)
Where does one apply for beta-testing? At their forum?

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
Where does one apply for beta-testing? At their forum?
It's still in alpha so only closed beta testers can check it out and @shmu26 is one. You can't apply to be a closed beta tester, you just get made when you provide feedback through the months on the forum like he did.

Aug 20, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
It's still in alpha so only closed beta testers can check it out and @shmu26 is one. You can't apply to be a closed beta tester, you just get made when you provide feedback through the months on the forum like he did.
Those are pretty solid requirements! As it should be. Looking forward to the full release later this year(?).

ReHIPS is the closest thing to Cubes OS that Windows can get.

Aug 20, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
You don't have to be a genius to get made into a closed beta tester, and I am living proof of that. You just have to fumble your way through it, and keep reporting.
Oh, I have no claim to be a genius. I've been a beta tester for security softwares since 2008. Usually you just apply and get to test the software until it's ready to the public. I think it's a good approach by Re:Crypt to only approve users who have been showing interest for the product for a while! That also guarantees that the beta testers possess some kind of knowledge of Re:HIPS. Some beta programs only contain leeching users who just want to get a free license in the end!

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
I think it's a good approach by Re:Crypt to only approve users who have been showing interest for the product for a while! That also guarantees that the beta testers possess some kind of knowledge of Re:HIPS. Some beta programs only contain leeching users who just want to get a free license in the end!
So true !

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
Hello, friends:notworthy:
What does that mean?
That the program is already running and you can't change the rule for it. You have an alert open for it or you are already editing the program in another window.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
ESET
Ok, the issue is gone! restarted the pc and I see one of them gone.
Thnx for the answer.
I had 2 conhost.exe in my programs list and one of them was locked.

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
Ok, the issue is gone! restarted the pc and I see one of them gone.
Thnx for the answer.
I had 2 conhost.exe in my programs list and one of them was locked.
You have 2 rules. One is for user and one is for system so nothing to worry about.