Releasing the May 2019 Update to the Release Preview ring

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello Windows Insiders,

Last week, we announced how we are improving the Windows 10 update experience with the Windows 10 May 2019 Update in a blog post from Mike Fortin. As part of that blog post, Mike outlined how we plan to deploy the May 2019 Update to customers. Right now, the May 2019 Update (Build 18362.30) is being rolled out to the Release Preview ring starting with seekers. The May 2019 Update will remain in the Release Preview ring for an increased amount of time in order give us additional time and signals to detect any issues before broader deployment.

Check your Windows Insider Program settings

With the Windows 10 May 2019 Update being rolled out to the Release Preview ring today, we’re planning to move Windows Insiders in the Fast ring forward to 20H1. We will also be merging the small group of Insiders who opted-in to Skip Ahead back into the Fast ring. We are looking to make this change in the coming weeks. Now is the time for you to verify your desired Windows Insider Program settings by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program to ensure you’re on the ring you want to be on before this change occurs. If you are an Insider who wishes to remain on the May 2019 Update – you will want to switch to the Slow or Release Preview rings.

IMPORTANT NOTE: 20H1 builds are from our development branch (RS_PRERELEASE) and as is normal with builds early in the development cycle, these builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If you are in the Fast ring and your PC gets updated to 20H1, you won’t be able to switch your ring to the Slow or Release Preview rings without doing a clean-install on your PC and starting over.

We will begin releasing 19H2 bits to Insiders later this spring and will talk more about what that will look like in the near future.

How to get the May 2019 Update from the Release Preview ring

For those who are not already in the Slow and Release Preview rings – you can get the May 2019 Update today by joining the Windows Insider Program with your Microsoft account (MSA) or Azure Active Directory account and joining your PC to the Release Preview using the following steps.

Step 1: Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and click the “Get started” button.

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and click the “Get started” button.

Step 2: Link your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account. This is the email account you used to register for the Windows Insider Program.

Link your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account. This is the email account you used to register for the Windows Insider Program.

Step 3: Choose “Just fixes, apps, and drivers” to join the Release Preview ring and get the May 2019 Update.

Choose “Just fixes, apps, and drivers” to join the Release Preview ring and get the May 2019 Update.

Step 4: Confirm the legal stuff.

Confirm the legal stuff.

Step 5: Press “Restart Now” to ensure your PC is now in the Release Preview ring. Without restarting your PC, your PC won’t be fully be joined. A restart is required.

Press “Restart Now” to ensure your PC is now in the Release Preview ring. Without restarting your PC, your PC won’t be fully be joined. A restart is required.

Step 6: After rebooting your PC, double-check your Windows Insider Program settings via Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and make sure it shows “Release Preview” under “What pace do you want to get new builds?”.

After rebooting your PC, double-check your Windows Insider Program settings via Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and make sure it shows “Release Preview” under “What pace do you want to get new builds?”.

Step 7: If you go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and press the “Check for updates” button – your PC should receive the May 2019 Update.

Once your PC is on the May 2019 Update, we will continue to release Cumulative Updates over the coming weeks that improves your experience.

Thanks,
BLB

The post Releasing the May 2019 Update to the Release Preview ring appeared first on Windows Experience Blog.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Is this the 1903 Final update that will be rolled out in May? Or is this another insider build?

Reactions: oldschool

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Is this the 1903 Final update that will be rolled out in May? Or is this another insider build?
It's in between. It is a "candidate" for release, but we can't be sure. If no major issues are discovered, it will be rolled out in May, But Microsoft might issue a new build, if there are major issues, or could delay the release if they aren't confident about it.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362.53

Code:
CU: kb4495666 - http://support.microsoft.com/help/4495666
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/04/windows10.0-kb4495666-x64_9a38cfd2baecbf99be7ce4348d9bf866d7ea9eeb.msu
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/04/windows10.0-kb4495666-x86_abdd6d1073e568d4f104a04e268375b25f4368f1.msu
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/04/windows10.0-kb4495666-arm64_61b1be16a9576e057b1c5d6fcad8d7859d74262d.msu

Flash: kb4493478 -  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4493478/security-update-for-adobe-flash-player-april-9-2019
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/04/windows10.0-kb4493478-x64_25a1cd653e0d1f39200cce4c7a0eb0fb53871b58.msu
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/04/windows10.0-kb4493478-x86_b7cc8f3bc7102aea4a099eea88e19472ae38f9b7.msu
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/04/windows10.0-kb4493478-arm64_1105b15cc592a692b90afe4e9416407a50f84499.msu

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I updated to the new version and see nothing surprising... The concentration assistant is activated all the time, etc. I think I'll go back to 1809. Regards.

Reactions: shmu26

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hi, sorry but i see someone of you have the RC or RTM of may update. Where can downlaod the iso file or how can i update.
Its for insiders, you can sign up from same page as windows updates are at

The official ISO is available in next month, when the may update goes live to public

Reactions: ZeroDay

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I just updated my main computer today after getting tired of the random freezes I was getting. So far my experience is good. After reboot Adguard |Nightly build reinstalled itself, probably because it detected a damge to its drivers. Kaspersky gave me the warning that it is not completeley compatible with this Windows buid, what i; already expected.

Otherwise, so far, it's the fastest and most responsive Windows 10 build I have ever used. If any unforeseen problems show up I'll report.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Just a report after two days using the Preview Release. I had some conectivity problems to some sites I traced to Adguard. Firefox seems to be particularly sensitive to this problem. Of course nobody should expect full compatibility of any security product before the official release of this version of Windows.

On the Windows side itself I had no more sudden freezes and no weird behaviour until now. It is still faster and more responsive than 1809.

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Just a report after two days using the Preview Release. I had some conecctivity problems to some sites I traced to Adguard. Firefox seems to be particularly sensitive to this problem. Of course nobody should expect full compatibility of any security product before the official release of this version of Windows.

On the Windows side itself I had no more sudden freezes and no weird behaviour until now. It is still faster and more responsive than 1809.
Thank you for the update and info. I think I'm going to try the new build out.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.