Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
One of the features Windows 10 offers is the option to roll back to your earlier OS installation if, for some reason, you either don’t like or have compatibility issues with Windows 10. While this isn’t an option that many people take, it’s going to be important if you find out that a certain software package doesn’t work correctly with the operating system. One reader, for example, pointed out today that he’s going to need to fall back to Windows 8.1 until SolidWorks adds support for Windows 10, which isn’t currently expected until mid-October. Remember, however, that you’ve got just 30 days to jump back — after that point, Windows 10 will no longer offer the option to fall back to the older version.

If you’ve jumped to Windows 10 and find yourself encountering bugs or other problems, it may be wiser to downgrade immediately rather than waiting to see if patches are available before the timer runs out. This may be true, even if the software company in question has promised to deliver a patch update within the next month. Despite the best efforts of software companies, such patches can fail or get bogged down in hardware testing, and you won’t want to have a critical component of your workflow broken because a timer ran out.

Full story

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
yes, a true statement... last time i rolled back from my insider build to the old windows 8.1, it was a nightmare rather than a solution... can anyone tell me if rolling back to the previous OS is a good idea? because for me i would have better to stay with the beta preview, after restore some many stuff wasnt working the way they have to

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@gricardo21 Fresh install is always a better way. Only this way you can avoid errors.

So if possible. Before the upgrade to newer operating system:
  1. Backup all your important data like documents, music, videos..
  2. Write down your current license key
  3. Perform upgrade or fresh install (if you already upgraded to Windows 10)

Now if there is something wrong with Windows 10 installation (e.g drivers, errors) then simply perform fresh install of previous Windows.
When you make a fresh install of previous Windows from bootable USB/DVD then you can insert your backed-up license key and everything should be fine.

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: kiric96

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
@gricardo21 Fresh install is always a better way. Only this way you can avoid errors.

So if possible. Before the upgrade to newer operating system:
  1. Backup all your important data like documents, music, videos..
  2. Write down your current license key
  3. Perform upgrade or fresh install (if you already upgraded to Windows 10)

Now if there is something wrong with Windows 10 installation (e.g drivers, errors) then simply perform fresh install of previous Windows.
When you make a fresh install of previous Windows from bootable USB/DVD then you can insert your backed-up license key and everything should be fine.

Regards,
Kardo

thanks, a clean install is always a good solution, but since the feature of "rolling back to previous build" is there it is supposed to work just well, but in reality it doesnt, i just wanted to see if "this" would work, but from my own experience i can tell that rolling back is not a good idea... better format. anyone have succeed after downgrading?

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
R

Rod McCarthy

One of the features Windows 10 offers is the option to roll back to your earlier OS installation if, for some reason, you either don’t like or have compatibility issues with Windows 10. While this isn’t an option that many people take, it’s going to be important if you find out that a certain software package doesn’t work correctly with the operating system. One reader, for example, pointed out today that he’s going to need to fall back to Windows 8.1 until SolidWorks adds support for Windows 10, which isn’t currently expected until mid-October. Remember, however, that you’ve got just 30 days to jump back — after that point, Windows 10 will no longer offer the option to fall back to the older version.

If you’ve jumped to Windows 10 and find yourself encountering bugs or other problems, it may be wiser to downgrade immediately rather than waiting to see if patches are available before the timer runs out. This may be true, even if the software company in question has promised to deliver a patch update within the next month. Despite the best efforts of software companies, such patches can fail or get bogged down in hardware testing, and you won’t want to have a critical component of your workflow broken because a timer ran out.

Full story

I have a fix for this. I first installed Win 7 and all my favorite software, then I used my usb with Acronis on it to BU Windows 7...Then I did a clean install of Win 10, installed all my favorite software and used my Acronis USB to make a BU of Windows 10. All problems solved...

S

sinu

After the release of Windows 10, Millions of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users have upgraded their systems to Windows 10. Thanks to Microsoft's free system update.

Windows 10 inbuilt rollback vs. EaseUS System GoBack
Microsoft even offers Windows users with an opportunity to downgrade their computer to their previous version of operating system after an upgrade, but the opportunity lasts for only 30 days.
This is really cool, but what if you upgraded your system to Windows 10, used it for more than a month and then realized that it’s hard for you to adopt?

Now, How do you get your favorite Windows version back?

You don’t need to go through that lengthy procedure of downloading and installing the old Windows again to downgrade your system to the previous version.
I have a better and an easy solution to your problem.
You can now quickly go back to your previous Windows Operating System and restore all your old applications & games with just one click. Thanks to a new tool called EaseUS System GoBack Free.
EaseUS is well known for its Data Recovery and Backup software tools and now has came up with a new Free Windows rollback alternative that allows Windows users to safely downgrade their Windows 10 system to Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.
The free software tool creates an image of your old operating system to use it afterward if you decided to downgrade the latest Windows 10.
Quick Features of EaseUS System GoBack Free

• Protect your Windows 10 upgrade experience to avoid any data loss.
  • Restore your old operating system, applications and games without reinstalling.
  • Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7/8/8.1 if necessary.
  • Go back to the previous system station whenever you need.

There are numerous of backup software programs out there in the market that offer the same feature, but it is the simplicity of this software that makes it best among the others.
EaseUS System GoBack Free works on all versions of Windows operating system starting from Windows XP to Windows 7,8 and 8.1.
How to Downgrade Windows 10

1. Download 'EaseUS System GoBack Free' application from the developer website.
  2. Install the software from Start Menu. Now, when you start the program you will notice only two options, “Backup System” and “Go Back”.
  3. Click on “Backup System” before upgrading the operating system or rolling back to the previous system.
  4. Now, if you want to go back to your previous operating system, just open the software and Click the “Go Back” option.

EaseUS System GoBack Free is just a one click process to get back to your old operating system, and you should consider it seriously before upgrading your system to Windows 10.
Note: The software works only when you run it prior to upgrading to Windows 10. You need to create a Backup of your old operating system using this program. Otherwise, you will not be able to go back to your previous OS using third-party software.

Reactions: Andytay70

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
hmmm do i stay with 10 or go back to 7 or 8.1:eek:
If you are happy with your current Windows 10 experience, then stick with it.

If not, then revert.

Windows 10 is a new Operating System and is not perfect, but I don't see why you should revert if any of the following apply:
- Problems with Windows Updates
- Problems with drivers and software
- Incompatible software

Once upgraded, do a Reset (you will lose installed programs) and to do a clean sweep of any bugs.

In my opinion, don't revert unless it's critical to your Work.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Andytay70 : Well have you experience any of the issues occur in Windows 10? Always conduct a backup in such case you don't want the overall outcome.

Reactions: Andytay70
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.