App Review [Removal Tool Test] FMA CBAD Anti-Malware BETA (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hello Manzai

First of all thank you for testing, secondly let me correct a few things.
The real time log only shows during scanning. (working on that as its not completed yet.)
The detected files can only be removed by rebooting, whole removal process happens during the boot. The software is made in such way that active processes and such are being removed if and only if you boot, as has been said when you did hit the clean button.
Now in regards to the malware returning after boot, thats something i am highly interested in to replicate here at our own test machines.
On our real test system (no VM) this did not happen during our 23 tests. so it could be a VM thing but thats something i have to figure out.
Anyway thanks again for testing and i will take a look at the things gone wrong.

Cheers

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Engine has been updated i request that this test being redone to make sure that infections now are being removed properly.

@Av Gurus scanning options has nothing to do with which areas are being scanned, it is a setting specifically for the cloud and how the cloud respond.

Reactions: Av Gurus and Manzai

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I updatet to new version and scanning a folder with PUP (the same one i send you) and it give me error???

Clipboard01.png

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I did, here is the results:

Clipboard01.png

...I added 3 more PUP/Adware and it didn't find them

Clipboard02.png

Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.