Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Now this is only a suggestion and I think it's not a bad idea.

I've seen it on other forums, where all mods/admins have no rep, due to the fact that they are admins and mods. I think it would be worth getting rid of the rep for admins/mods and have rep for members only, and if a member is really high and positive rep, like ReviewAntivirus, he has been active in the Virus Exchange and the Malware Links, so he got mods, which is great ;)

I just think that having rep for admins, is okay, but if they are admins and mods, they have the respect of the admins anyway and the forum because of the rep that they got before hand when they got mod.

I'm not making this to annoy people, it's only a suggestion.

D

Deleted member 178

Mods/admins positions is not just about rep, it includes well behaviors, knowledge of rules, presence in the forum, impartiality, helping members as fast and clear as they can, etc...

being mods/admins just because you have rep will be too large, as if you ask to promote a soldier that had a lot of kills to be General :D

About the rep of mods/admins , it is good that they have access to it, they are still members that make good posts.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
McLovin, ReviewAntivirus isn't a Moderator as such, but a Malware Hunter. You can view the Forum Team here (aka "Staff").

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Not being rude but I don't see the point of this suggestion to be honest. Admins and Mods should get recognised for their contributions just the same as regular members.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
pcjunklist said:
I never heard of FieryDemon
He's a true malware removal expert ..... And we really need him...however he's really busy with some studies..Hopefully at some point ,he'll come back! :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
As we are talkin' of Kudos i'd like to see a negative one introduced.
Sorry to say i've noticed some negativity recently here :(

D

Deleted member 178

as Yoda said when he was young "negativity generates negativity always" :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in my opinion, I think there's no an unfair situation since everyone were willing to help for the contribution. Actually members could really a lifesaver for some reason when moderators were not around. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
McLovin, ReviewAntivirus isn't a Moderator as such, but a Malware Hunter. You can view the Forum Team here (aka "Staff").

I see that he's not there, but he is only mod of the Virus Exchange.

Tom172 said:
Not being rude but I don't see the point of this suggestion to be honest. Admins and Mods should get recognised for their contributions just the same as regular members.

It was only a suggestion.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
McLovin said:
Earth said:

I see that he's not there, but he is only mod of the Virus Exchange.

No, He isn't a Moderator at all and doesn't moderate anything.

He was given the MALWARE HUNTER title for his great contributions to the Malware Hub and Malicious Links exchange. Nothing more. :)

Tom172 said:
Admins and Mods should get recognised for their contributions just the same as regular members.

Of course! :D

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
No, He isn't a Moderator at all and doesn't moderate anything.

Not trying to be negitive, but

This post, he has problem with the moderate section of the mod controls and owning a MyBB forum I know for a fact that only mods can get that.

Earth said:

I also know that you don't have to show a mod on that page.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think the Negative Kudos will make a return, for the obvious reason that I'm sure you can all figure out.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Just noticed that when kudos is given it doesn't show up on the person's post. Is it a bug or a new change?

EDIT: Strange they seem to be back.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
pcjunklist said:
Just noticed that when kudos is given it doesn't show up on the person's post. Is it a bug or a new change?

EDIT: Strange they seem to be back.

That would be because of a plugin.

P

Plexx

As many have said, I also don't think there is a need to change things here.

The fact that members get recognized for things they have posted, admins/mods should also be equal.

Sure they have higher permissions than normal members, but is only fair to have equal recognition.

Take me for example: until I went Inactive and shortly after my return, my contribution was not that great. I started doing my reviews for the purpose of showing how a product is. Sure my expertise does cover all possible angles but I tried my best.

I never had in mind being recognized for doing something good or to prove to anyone I am good etc. I only did it because I felt comfortable with the reviews and before I do a review, I study the product itself so I don't give wrong information.

G

Guest28

Here is my opinion........ the reputation of a member should not be on his or her posts. It should be how long the member has been with the forums and the date they have registered. I understand you all want to Promote posting. But iv been here longer than some of the mods have. if you look back at remove-malware. I have been here the first week MalwareTips was up and my rank is only at *known member level 3* it just isn't right it needs to be fixed or tweaked its not fair to the long and following members of this forum. Truth is jack has known me for about 4 years now.

D

Deleted member 178

ryan said:
Here is my opinion........ the reputation of a member should not be on his or her posts. It should be how long the member has been with the forums and the date they have registered. I understand you all want to Promote posting. But iv been here longer than some of the mods have. if you look back at remove-malware. I have been here the first week MalwareTips was up and my rank is only at *known member level 3* it just isn't right it needs to be fixed or tweaked its not fair to the long and following members of this forum. Truth is jack has known me for about 4 years now.

it is not because some members has registered since long time that they deserve a better reputation/level than a younger one that involve more on the forum than them, i prefer promoting a recent member that post many useful and interesting thread/post/replies than an older one that do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.