Requesting a video to find out the impact of two cloud Antivirus in the same system

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
I am requesting a video so that we all can judge it.
A lot of people here disagree that you must not install 2 Av's in one pc.
But what if they are cloud?
now coming to the point i am using kaspersky free + bitdefener free.
While many people here disagree that only 1 should be turned on but while testing i found that when turned both on they are working better than turning one antivirus alone. (because they both are cloud? )
I want to see a video test from any advanced user here with some new malware and ransomware samples so that we can conclude based on the review of the video
we can use both these in the same pc as they are cloud antivirus and do not take much ram and do not have conflicts with each other?
Now for example kasperdky free failed in ransomware test because of lack of behaviour shield but with bitdefender free i dont think its possible.
I tested few samples on my pc but i do not have VM so i am requesting some one here to do a video after installing bitdefender and kaspersky free and test the system with ransomware and malware and see if the malware or ransomware infects the system because we are using two different cloud avs.
Now please don't come to conclusions that you must only use one AV because i knew that part but what i want to know is with both these avs running together there's any chance for a ransomware or malware to infect the system? I dont think so.

Reactions: DeepWeb and Rengar

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have conflict between comodo firewall (has cloud lookup) and secureaplus (cloud AV with anti-exe feature)
after SAP started on boot, it prevented comodo firewall from starting up so I couldn't see comodo icon in the system tray
the computer was frozen and unusable. I was forced to reboot the laptop and then they can startup together
after I shut down the laptop and booted it again, same problem happened again

these products can monitor each other and inject drivers into the system. These drivers or modules can conflict each other no matter if they are cloud or not

HMPA also caused a lot of incompatibility problems to me and I was forced to uninstall and banned it from my PC at least for a year

I saw panda cloud conflicted with something, I forgot, that made my desktop unusable, too

running Kaspersky free with BD free doesn't guarantee your system to be 100% protected from ransomwares. For your question and your usage, I recommend BD free with secureaplus (due to its incredible multi-engine signatures, VT lookup and it's an anti-exe)
KFA is still a sig-based AV

SecureAPlus 12 engines: AVG, Avira, BitDefender, ClamWin, ESET, Emsisoft, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials, Norman, Quick Heal, Sophos, and Total Defense

Last edited:

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
You said you have found out that both turned on they do work. Where did you find that out?
My personal opinion is that there are two av's but cloud. The word "cloud" is a characteristic. They are still av's. They will have conflicts for sure.
As far as my experience goes you can use more than 1 cloud av without any problem. I done that in the past and found no problems at all.
As mentioned in the post you need to choose which antivirus should quarantine a threat when both engines detects in real time.
That is why i want some one from here to test it on VM by installing 2 AV's and run different malware and ransom ware samples.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Thanks for your input Evjl's i am using comodo + bitdefender+ kaspersky+ zemana + hitman pro free on the same system without any lags at all..
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
what on earth did you smoke to run all that...

hitman pro uses kaspersky, bitdefender sigs
zemana bitdefender sigs
bitdefender sigs are worse than kaspersky sigs
wtf..

comodo with CS settings will take care of more than BD's behavior blocker..

Last edited:

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
what on earth did you smoke to run all that...

hitman pro uses kaspersky, bitdefender sigs
zemana bitdefender sigs
bitdefender sigs are worse than kaspersky sigs
wtf..

comodo with CS settings will take care of more than BD's behavior blocker..

This is way too much. Bitdefender Free + Kaspersky Free + Zemana AntiMalware + Comodo Firewall are performing good as Zemana AntiMalware + Comodo Firewall. Zemana uses several engines.

LOL I am not using zemana and hitman pro at all. Even though zemana is premium version i rely on kaspersky and bitdefender so zemana is always turned off and the same with hitman pro.
In real time its CFW+BDFFree+Kskyfree
Regarding Comodo firewall settings yep i m using CS settings only.
My hardware is core 2 duo with 4 gb ran + 256 gb graphic card

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
LOL I am not using zemana and hitman pro at all. Even though zemana is premium version i rely on kaspersky and bitdefender so zemana is always turned off and the same with hitman pro.
My hardwarre is core 2 duo with 4 gb ran + 256 gb graphic card
This is the ram used by both of the antivirus
you dont need bd free if you run CFW with CS settings.

a core2duo will definetly suffer from running bd and kaf the same time...
ram does not matter.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
My hardware is core 2 duo with 4 gb ran + 256 gb graphic card

Then remove Kaspersky and Bitdefender. Use the real time protection of Zemana with enabled Pandora cloud. It would provide a better security because of the engines that are included in Zemana. I know that you use Hitman Pro as second opinion scanner because you can see on the screenshot that it isn't activated.

Reactions: Rengar

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
B
I can see that you're running an internet browser with Bitdefender and Kaspersky with 49% memory consuption. Great!
Asakalan you can see comodo dragon using more than av's. Dragon uses a lot of ram because of extensions but its okay. BD uses more ram though.. I agree on that.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
B

Asakalan you can see comodo dragon using more than av's. Dragon uses a lot of ram because of extensions but its okay. BD uses more ram though.. I agree on that.
My Tor Browser uses more than 400MB with 8 tabs. But that doesn't mean that I hate Firefox :D
Just remove Bitdefender and Kaspersky. Zemana will provide you more security with less memory consuption. Comodo runs on your computer pretty heavy (my Comodo uses ~15MB RAM). And I think it's because of the two anti-viruses that you're running...

Reactions: SHvFl and budda

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Dude you are using the system so if you wish you can use 10 antiviruses at the same time. Why does it matter to you what others say if you don't want to agree with their opinion?

SHvFl you missed the point. See many youtubers who did reviews use secondary scanners like zemana and hitman pro because they are cloud av's and they scan your system fast.
So i want to know if Kspf and bdf (both cloud) antivirus can protect your system better instead of one?
Because kaspersky failed in protecting a system from ransom ware its not safe to trust it alone you need another layer of security like cf firewall or zemana.
So i am questioning whether installing both causes any problems from unknown threats or not.
That is why i wanted some one to try it on a VM so that if using both can work well or not.
My point is when you can install 2 cloud secondary scanners like hitman pro and zemana why not BDF and KSF? They are cloud antivirus as well right.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
SHvFl you missed the point. See many youtubers who did reviews use secondary scanners like zemana and hitman pro because they are cloud av's and they scan your system fast.
So i want to know if Kspf and bdf (both cloud) antivirus can protect your system better instead of one?
Because kaspersky failed in protecting a system from ransom ware its not safe to trust it alone you need another layer of security like cf firewall or zemana.
So i am questioning whether installing both causes any problems from unknown threats or not.
That is why i wanted some one to try it on a VM so that if using both can work well or not.
My point is when you can install 2 cloud secondary scanners like hitman pro and zemana why not BDF and KSF? They are cloud antivirus as well right.
The secondary scanners don't run at the same time so it's not the same. Using 2 antiviruses even if they work perfectly together, which they don't, makes no sense. You should cover all your bases not just use an antivirus to protect your system.

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Thanks for your input Evjl's i am using comodo + bitdefender+ kaspersky+ zemana + hitman pro free on the same system without any lags at all..
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
849.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.