Researcher Discloses 4 Zero-Day Bugs in IBM's Enterprise Security Software

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
A cybersecurity researcher today publicly disclosed technical details and PoC for 4 unpatched zero-day vulnerabilities affecting an enterprise security software offered by IBM after the company refused to acknowledge the responsibly submitted disclosure.

The affected premium product in question is IBM Data Risk Manager (IDRM) that has been designed to analyze sensitive business information assets of an organization and determine associated risks.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
IBM however did say that it had fumbled the report. "A process error resulted in an improper response to the researcher who reported this situation to IBM," a company spokesperson told The Register. "We have been working on mitigation steps and they will be discussed in a security advisory to be issued."

Ribeiro dismissed IBM's response in an email to The Register. "Well, what can I say," he said. "It's a joke right? I think it's pretty sad that I have to disclose a zero-day and shame them publicly to get them to patch critical vulnerabilities in a security product, while they sell themselves as an elite company providing security services." "Like I said in my advisory, I was just looking to disclose it to them without asking anything in return except a mention when the vulnerability was fixed.
Hmm, I wonder if it was the pretty big news cover that made someone at IBM wake up.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.