-Light on system
    -User interface reminds me on Kaspersky
    -Small download (388 kb)
    -Great web blocking
    -Parental control is easy to set up
CONS
-Nothing .
BOTTOM LINE
AdGuard did pretty well in this exhausting test and it has my fully recommendation.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
After long time requests, i decided to test adguard which is best adblocker in my opinion. AdGuard is free as extension but as software is paid,but not too expensive for adblocker.Download size is 388kb which is very small download and i thought it was malware considering download size.

1)Installation

Installation is pretty fast and AdGuard launched itself and it automatically updated filters.

2)User interface

My first impression on the user interface is this: I really like it and reminds me on Kaspersky because of it's green and white colors.It has two variants: Basic and Extended user interface.

3)Features

Unlike other adblockers, AdGuard has browsing safety,parental control and antiphishing and there's no need to use other safe browsing addons because their website filtering is based on WOT (Web of Trust).

4)Performance impact

As adblocker, AdGuard uses only 21MB RAM while running in memory and it doesn't slow system down because main purpose is to block ads,not guard system against malware.

Here's video review on AdGuard :D :

Rating 5/5.

maximus

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 18, 2014
I have problem with update.
I have a message: "Please wait while Windows configures AdGuard".
I am waiting 15 minutes for a Configuration AdGuard and there is no change :(

Attachments

• Adguard update.jpg
    Adguard update.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 536

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.