App Review Review: Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential 7.2

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 2913

31MB memory usage with all the engines enabled?
Users say memory usage is high with all the engines enabled?

Web Protection Test - 13th link - Malware was blocked by 360 but on the window you selected continue & download completed & run & UAC alert was there. Why did you selected "No" on UAC? And rated "Blocked" for the link. You should have selected "Yes" on UAC & see if 360 blocks or not. (It was blocked by 360 on the link run then too was able to download & run).

Under Privacy Protection - There use to be 2 - Webcam & Keylogger protection - Why Keylogger protection is missing in yours?

floalma

Level 4
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Could you please do another test with others malwares, but with different names, others than 'malware_xx'. This is to easy to detect.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Nice review...
Very good idea to do a summary written in the end...I understand much better written than oral English;)

That is why I do not talk in my reviews,
1. All the results are at your face and it would be useless for me to say whats going on when you guys are looking at it
2. not everybody understands a person speaking English, that is also why I put text rather the talk.

Thanks for the comment!!

Reactions: Sr. Normal

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
That is why I do not talk in my reviews,
1. All the results are at your face and it would be useless for me to say whats going on when you guys are looking at it
2. not everybody understands a person speaking English, that is also why I put text rather the talk.

Thanks for the comment!!

What about caption?

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Could you please do another test with others malwares, but with different names, others than 'malware_xx'. This is to easy to detect.

They were bunch of numbers instead, but I changed it to malware because it would be a pain to change each name individually. I am pretty sure an antivirus is not that smart to say, "oh, it says malware, so I will delete it."

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
It's only Qihoo engine, you need to switch to "Security" and click apply to use all engines. The test it's good, it's shows again that Qihoo it's a good program. The downside it's high false positive.

Can you test Avira Free, Avast Free.

S

Sr. Normal

Very good results from Qihoo.
I think i will give it a try.
Thanks for the review it is very informative.
I will be waiting for the next one.

I used this AV for over a year (that in me is a record), now I use F-Secure IS (thanks again). ;)

On my computer I got the balance with all engines less than BitDefender. With this engine it felt heavier computer performance slightly penalized.

I love that brings functions (the utility System Vulnerability Patches is a success), firewall, (GlassWire although it is not the latest beta version).

If you go for the TS version, the Start System Accelerator also works very well. others

Other functions such as cleaning Junk Files are not so good. If you try it on a virtual machine you will see that slows the onset very bit and will surprise its defense.
As for the FP, well, it has, but not as many as people think, consider using up to five engines, it is normal to have more FP than others.

It's my favorite AV free, in fact I like it more than many payment

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
it does not update automatically avirs engine
its good only if you use the cloud engine.

kowalski215

Level 2
Verified
Mar 16, 2015
Very good review! I think memory usage w/ all engines enabled are a bit higher (360 itself claims that 1GB is recommended for Avira or BD engine).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.