Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Ok, There is my review of Spyshelter Premium 8 (SSP)

Home
Features

0- Installation

One interesting thing, is when you install it , it ask you if you want it start with high or normal security after the reboot.

SSP sit on my system between 20-30mb WS of RAM, i don't feel any visible slowdown.

1- Protection Tab

Spyshelter is an Anti-Keylooger and also an HIPS, here we can see the various protection modules, SSP, it share the common protection with other products but where it is innovative is the "Anti-sound module" that protect your system against VOIP sound Trojan loggers and other sound capture.
Note: the kernel module is only for x86 systems

2- Rules tab

Here is the place where the rules will be shown, you can allow/deny/check/add/edit/remove them ,you can also import/export some rules, clean old ones (from uninstalled programs) and check all component and details of them, i like the Virus Total integration, when a process is allowed/denied, you can upload the file to it.

3- Log tab

Here is shown all the decision made by SSP or by you, nothing very exceptional there.

4- Restricted Apps tab

Here is an interesting feature of SSP, it is in fact a kind of policy-based "Sandbox" (like OAP's Runsafer or Comodo's Auto-sandbox), with the addition of selecting which folder/file access will be allow/deny to be writed.
When an process is run restricted, its windows will got the "Restricted" tag (if selected in the settings)

unfortunately, Windows 8 is not fully supported.

5- Keystroke Encryption

This feature (available for x64 system only) will encrypt any of your keystrokes (a la "Keyscrambler") so even if a keylogger successfully leaks datas to the attacker , he will not be able to read them.

6- Settings tab

There are the settings options

a- General : here nothing special except the auto-clean option of the rules, quite convenient.

b- Security: here you can allow how SSp will react when confronted to a process, you can select one of the 4 options, "Allow Microsoft" is the less intrusive, "Ask" the most (means more popups)

c- Advanced: here you can increase the protection by terminating processes and their child

Use Hard Hook seems to be an option to enforce compatibility with other security apps.

d- List of Monitored Actions : here you can decide what actions SSP will react from. When a popup will appears the number of the action will be shown so you can know what happened.

FINAL NOTE

Spyshelter is in my opinion the best standalone anti-logger software, its multiple preventive module made it a top notch solutions for heavy online shopping/banking aficionados.

i rate it 4/5.

Hope you enjoyed the review ;)

P.s: i will update this post when i will observe new things.

D

Deleted member 178

RE: Spyshelter Premium 6

oops forgot to put the images on thumbs :p

edited.

D

Deleted member 178

RE: [Review] Spyshelter Premium 6

thanks, you are welcome ;)

Later when i will grab some keyloggers , i will do a malware test.

malbky

Great review. Can you just comapre the free version. Actually I dont understand what the mean by Antispy network.

D

Deleted member 178

i dont know either, i observed it block some hooks done by Icedragon and adobe flash.

comparison : http://spyshelter.com/description_one.php

Spirit

Good Review Umbra.
I dont use hips or antikeyloggers software
Spyshelter is all in one but my choice is keyscrambler for anti keylogger.
P.S spyshelter have many extra features than antikelogger.

I do have license of spyshelter premium (umbra you know that :p) zemana and keyscrambler pro but i never use them
I am lazy fellow :D

P

Plexx

Great review Mr. Umbra.
Interesting program.

Might give this product a try.
+3

Edit: comparison shows that free version doesn't have 64bit support. Can someone verify?

madyrocksin

I was trying this on virtual box with xp sp3 and after installation the system will show BSOD on every start up i.e. just after the welcome screen !
Any help ???

D

Deleted member 178

madyrocksin said:
I was trying this on virtual box with xp sp3 and after installation the system will show BSOD on every start up i.e. just after the welcome screen !
I observed that too, it doesn't work on Virual Box, no solutions for that. (i admit ,i didn't googled actively for one)

D

Deleted member 178

Normally you should have no problem. make sure to do a backup of your system before in case of.

D

Deleted member 178

i don't use it anymore, so i will not install it just to update some pictures; but if you can send me some i will do.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Trusted

Umbra Corp. said:
i don't use it anymore, so i will not install it just to update some pictures; but if you can send me some i will do.
C'mon Umbra, if your going to make guides then you need to keep them updated :)

D

Deleted member 178

i will do only because it is you ^^

it will be ready in few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.