[Review] Spyshelter Stop-logger Premium 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Ok, There is my review of Spyshelter Premium 8 (SSP)

Home
Features

0- Installation

One interesting thing, is when you install it , it ask you if you want it start with high or normal security after the reboot.

SSP sit on my system between 20-30mb WS of RAM, i don't feel any visible slowdown.

ZxMBwl.jpg

1- Protection Tab

Spyshelter is an Anti-Keylooger and also an HIPS, here we can see the various protection modules, SSP, it share the common protection with other products but where it is innovative is the "Anti-sound module" that protect your system against VOIP sound Trojan loggers and other sound capture.
Note: the kernel module is only for x86 systems

fT97KhL.jpg

2- Rules tab

Here is the place where the rules will be shown, you can allow/deny/check/add/edit/remove them ,you can also import/export some rules, clean old ones (from uninstalled programs) and check all component and details of them, i like the Virus Total integration, when a process is allowed/denied, you can upload the file to it.

D2S6V3h.jpg

3- Log tab

Here is shown all the decision made by SSP or by you, nothing very exceptional there.

XUDJogW.jpg

4- Restricted Apps tab

Here is an interesting feature of SSP, it is in fact a kind of policy-based "Sandbox" (like OAP's Runsafer or Comodo's Auto-sandbox), with the addition of selecting which folder/file access will be allow/deny to be writed.
When an process is run restricted, its windows will got the "Restricted" tag (if selected in the settings)

unfortunately, Windows 8 is not fully supported.

o3asiWp.jpg

wjz22kj.jpg

5- Keystroke Encryption

This feature (available for x64 system only) will encrypt any of your keystrokes (a la "Keyscrambler") so even if a keylogger successfully leaks datas to the attacker , he will not be able to read them.

LKb0mjs.jpg

j1A8gkL.jpg

6- Settings tab

There are the settings options

a- General : here nothing special except the auto-clean option of the rules, quite convenient.

1SHQJ8h.jpg

b- Security: here you can allow how SSp will react when confronted to a process, you can select one of the 4 options, "Allow Microsoft" is the less intrusive, "Ask" the most (means more popups)

RyoS3lg.jpg

8W1zCtH.jpg

c- Advanced: here you can increase the protection by terminating processes and their child

Use Hard Hook seems to be an option to enforce compatibility with other security apps.

QgdOiX3.jpg

d- List of Monitored Actions : here you can decide what actions SSP will react from. When a popup will appears the number of the action will be shown so you can know what happened.

VMf0uE4.jpg

FINAL NOTE

Spyshelter is in my opinion the best standalone anti-logger software, its multiple preventive module made it a top notch solutions for heavy online shopping/banking aficionados.

i rate it 4/5.

Hope you enjoyed the review ;)

P.s: i will update this post when i will observe new things.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: Spyshelter Premium 6

oops forgot to put the images on thumbs :p

edited.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: [Review] Spyshelter Premium 6

thanks, you are welcome ;)

Later when i will grab some keyloggers , i will do a malware test.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011

Great review. Can you just comapre the free version. Actually I dont understand what the mean by Antispy network.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

i dont know either, i observed it block some hooks done by Icedragon and adobe flash.

comparison : http://spyshelter.com/description_one.php

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Good Review Umbra.
I dont use hips or antikeyloggers software
Spyshelter is all in one but my choice is keyscrambler for anti keylogger.
P.S spyshelter have many extra features than antikelogger.

I do have license of spyshelter premium (umbra you know that :p) zemana and keyscrambler pro but i never use them
I am lazy fellow :D

P

Plexx

Thread author

Great review Mr. Umbra.
Interesting program.

Might give this product a try.
+3

Edit: comparison shows that free version doesn't have 64bit support. Can someone verify?

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012

I was trying this on virtual box with xp sp3 and after installation the system will show BSOD on every start up i.e. just after the welcome screen !
Any help ???

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

madyrocksin said:
I was trying this on virtual box with xp sp3 and after installation the system will show BSOD on every start up i.e. just after the welcome screen !

I observed that too, it doesn't work on Virual Box, no solutions for that. (i admit ,i didn't googled actively for one)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012

ok thnx so if i install this on my system its gonna work fine ??

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Normally you should have no problem. make sure to do a backup of your system before in case of.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Can you update the images please

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

i don't use it anymore, so i will not install it just to update some pictures; but if you can send me some i will do.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
i don't use it anymore, so i will not install it just to update some pictures; but if you can send me some i will do.

C'mon Umbra, if your going to make guides then you need to keep them updated :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

i will do only because it is you ^^

it will be ready in few hours.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

No hurry dude, much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.