On Sale! Revo Uninstaller Pro 50% off Xmas Sale

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Am thinking about buying this while on sale, even the portable version looks appealing @ $34.62 but I can't decide if I want portable or installed.

Reactions: Rishi
H

hjlbx

Am thinking about buying this while on sale, even the portable version looks appealing @ $34.62 but I can't decide if I want portable or installed.

@Hangtooth

Check portable Revo license terms. The "Lifetime" license only includes minor updates until the next major version... so it's not a Lifetime license that includes all future updates.

However, it does include unlimited installations.

It's a so-so deal, but nowadays "Lifetime" licenses always have some form of restriction on number of installs, non-transferable, limited or no updates, etc. So Revo is generally no different than other soft vendors in the Lifetime license terms.

It is important to read the License terms or ask questions of Support if anything is unclear.

Reactions: void011

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Yeah I like real lifetime licenses like MBAM, Winpatrol and Process Lasso =) Some companies do it right!

I might just keep using Geek Uninstaller Free. Revo sure gets a lot of crap out of the registry, but sometimes I guess that can be a bad thing, hehe.

H

hjlbx

Yeah I like real lifetime licenses like MBAM, Winpatrol and Process Lasso =) Some companies do it right!

I might just keep using Geek Uninstaller Free. Revo sure gets a lot of crap out of the registry, but sometimes I guess that can be a bad thing, hehe.

Revo is good because you can download uninstall routines from its website.

Total Uninstall is much more powerful, but it takes advanced knowledge; one incorrect object deletion and "Boink!"

Reactions: Hangtooth

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Thanks, I'll take a peek at Total Uninstall but I think my poking days are numbered, just reinstalled fresh after too vigorously poking things in the registry. Nothing seemed broken, just a precaution when I realized I did a couple things I shouldn't have.

I am *trying* to make myself stick to just Geek Uninstaller Free and Ccleaner and leave the registry the heck alone aside from those. Curse you for tempting me, Revo!

H

hjlbx

Thanks, I'll take a peek at Total Uninstall but I think my poking days are numbered, just reinstalled fresh after too vigorously poking things in the registry. Nothing seemed broken, just a precaution when I realized I did a couple things I shouldn't have.

I am *trying* to make myself stick to just Geek Uninstaller Free and Ccleaner and leave the registry the heck alone aside from those. Curse you for tempting me, Revo!

Stay away from registry and permissions modifications unless you know what you are doing. Even if you do know what you are doing, things go "Boink"!

Reactions: Hangtooth

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
What are your views about SoftOrganizer? It comes with a trace install, rescue center and I have not had any problems with it for 1 year now.Also,they keep having giveaways with updates allowed for a certain period.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.