On Sale! Revo Uninstaller Pro Black Friday Sale(2017) - Up to 80% Off

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
revo.jpg

1 COMPUTER $39.25 --> $11.99 (70% OFF!)
3 COMPUTERS $117.75 --> $29.97 (75% OFF!)
5 COMPUTERS $196.25 --> $39.95 (80% OFF!)
Pro Portable (Unlimited computers) $69.25 --> $24.99 (65% OFF!)

Link :
Revo Uninstaller Pro - Buy Now

Officials say the discount may end by next week.

Last edited:

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Why would you like to purchase a license for 5 computers when you can get the portable license for unlimited computers for a cheaper price? :p

Good question , lol
Honestly , i still don't understand exactly the portable license and 5 computers license their different ,

But as i know the portable version is register for person , not PC ,
so should be ok to install in a USB device , take to any place you like and use it ,
even the PC is different (so why they call " unlimited computers ") ,
but not sure the 5 computers license can do the same way or not .

For my plan , i consider to purchase a portable license , after active , upload to my private cloud drive ,
than i can download it in anyplace than use it .

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Good question , lol
Honestly , i still don't understand exactly the portable license and 5 computers license their different ,

But as i know the portable version is register for person , not PC ,
so should be ok to install in a USB device , take to any place you like and use it ,
even the PC is different (so why they call " unlimited computers ") ,
but not sure the 5 computers license can do the same way or not .

For my plane , i consider to purchase a portable license , after active , upload to my private cloud drive ,
than i can download it in anyplace than use it .

I've had a Portable Revo license for many years. I've talked to their support about how it works.

Essentially you can activate about 10 portable copies. That is, you unzip it, run it, and activate it with your key. Your key will quit working after 10 activations unless you contact them to have it unlocked again. BUT - and this is a huge BUT. Once you activate a portable you can copy and use it on UNLIMITED systems.. That includes copying the portable directory after activation onto each PC you want and putting a shortcut on the desktop to it. UNLIMITED.

I know, I have copied my activated portable revo license on perhaps a 100 desktops/laptops/servers over the years...

So yes, if you buy it, you really have no reason to buy anything but the portable. Period. End of story.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
I've had a Portable Revo license for many years. I've talked to their support about how it works.

Essentially you can activate about 10 portable copies. That is, you unzip it, run it, and activate it with your key. Your key will quit working after 10 activations unless you contact them to have it unlocked again. BUT - and this is a huge BUT. Once you activate a portable you can copy and use it on UNLIMITED systems.. That includes copying the portable directory after activation onto each PC you want and putting a shortcut on the desktop to it. UNLIMITED.

I know, I have copied my activated portable revo license on perhaps a 100 desktops/laptops/servers over the years...

So yes, if you buy it, you really have no reason to buy anything but the portable. Period. End of story.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and your explain ,
very helpful . :D

Indeed i had try to talk with their customer server on the official website live chat ,
they told me , if i change the PC(only in major hardware changes) , than i can(have) contact them for asking the license transfer .
but they do not talk about how many PC(or chance) you can have .

So looks like the portable version is a better choose ,
no need to worry how many computer or transfer problem .(y)

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
OK , i received the email reply from official ,
(they reply pretty fast , cool !)

They say :
We are offering two main products at the moment - Revo Uninstaller Pro 3 and
Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable version.
Basically the choice depends purely on the customer's preferences and needs.

In terms of features the standard Revo Uninstaller Pro 3 (installable) and
Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable versions are identical.
The difference between them is the licensing.

The first one is the regular one,
which is the install-able version and it's license is purchased per computer activation,
it is also the one that is offered to be evaluated by using the 30 days free trial.
So 1 computer activation license for Revo Uninstaller Pro 3.x. (regular version)
could be registered and used on 1 computer configuration.

The Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable version has a license per user.
This means that one user is allowed to use Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable
on unlimited number of computers (just not simultaneously).
The Portable version is designed to be run directly from an
external USB device (like a thumb drive).
That way you can have a copy of the program that with you.

:geek:

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017

So the portable version is not linked to anything at all?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

While I like Revo a lot. They haven't really updated it with a new interface or features in way too long..

I actually like Crystal Idea's Uninstall Tool a bit better because it doesn't ever break anything and can uninstall w/trace removal of Windows 10 Apps. It's on sale for 25% off Black Friday, and RARELY goes on sale, and certainly never less than 25%. But for the portable, which like Revo can be used on unlimited PC's it's a good deal.

The silent, always watching 'tracing service' is very nice for absolute removal. It's the paid version of Geek Uninstaller.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.