Revo Uninstaller Pro - How to uninstall a "monitored" program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
How do you uninstall a application after you monitor a application while installing it ?

Reactions: DJ Panda

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
It's the same procedure you follow when you want to uninstall program that you haven't monitor it's installation.
Just in the end Revo will show you a window which is saying "Advanced Uninstall" and then you will select
"Yes(Recommended)" and it will remove all traces since it's installation.
No trace of the program will be left on your system;).
I am always using Revo when i install a software so if i want to remove it i can wipe it completely from my system;)

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
It's the same procedure you follow when you want to uninstall program that you haven't monitor it's installation.
Just in the end Revo will show you a window which is saying "Advanced Uninstall" and then you will select
"Yes(Recommended)" and it will remove all traces since it's installation.
No trace of the program will be left on your system;).
I am always using Revo when i install a software so if i want to remove it i can wipe it completely from my system;)

So I should monitor every program I ever install with Revo Uninstaller Pro ? What if I forget to ? I wish there was a automate way to set it to do it for me.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
So I should monitor every program I ever install with Revo Uninstaller Pro ? What if I forget to ? I wish there was a automate way to set it to do it for me.
Revro Uninstaller is used for making sure all the extra files and grime from uninstalled aplications are gone. Monitoring what you install onto your computer + a little common sense is a good idea.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014

As i said i always use Revo to install a program to achieve what @J Gamez065 said.

Now if you forgot to use Revo on installation don't worry.
After uninstalation of the program you can use "forced uninstall" to remove all traces;).

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
As i said i always use Revo to install a program to achieve what @J Gamez065 said.

Now if you forgot to use Revo on installation don't worry.
After uninstalation of the program you can use "forced uninstall" to remove all traces;).

Thanks.

I wonder if Total Uninstall is any better than Revo Uninstaller Pro ?

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I wonder if Total Uninstall is any better than Revo Uninstaller Pro ?
Sorry i can't help you with that because i haven't used Total Uninstall for many years.
But from my expireince Revo Pro removes most traces than other uninstallers.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
np I have one more question for now.

How do these uninstallers work if you monitor lets say a install of Firefox 45.01 but then go to upgrade to Firefox 46.01 ? How does that work ?

Do you monitor Firefox twice ?

L

LabZero

Just a consideration
When we use advanced unistallers, it is always best to check what they delete due to the fact that some applications might use shared Dlls which, if deleted, they compromise the operation of other programs.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
np I have one more question for now.

How do these uninstallers work if you monitor lets say a install of Firefox 45.01 but then go to upgrade to Firefox 46.01 ? How does that work ?

Do you monitor Firefox twice ?

If the installation of the new version of Firefox is automatic you don't have to do anything,Revo continues to monitor the installation.

Now if you are doing the upgrade manual - like i am doing - you should monitor again the installation with Revo Pro.
To see what Revo is doing open and go to Traced Programs and there you will see another log.
There is no need to worry about it.
Even if you don't monitor the upgrade that you did manually still Revo will use the log of the first installation and will remove everything.

Just a consideration
When we use advanced uninstallers, it is always best to check what they delete due to the fact that some applications might use shared Dlls which, if deleted, they compromise the operation of other programs.

I agree with you but Revo has already predicted that.
When you are installing a program with Revo, Revo pop-ups a window and tells you to close any application you are running
so you can avoid any problem during uninstallation such as shared dlls as you pointed out.

Reactions: LabZero

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
One last question for now.

How would you monitor a program installation with Revo Installer Pro where you just copy and paste the program to C:\Program Files ?

Basically a program without a installer. Not really a portable program because it still creates folders on your hard drive when you open it.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
One last question for now.

How would you monitor a program installation with Revo Installer Pro where you just copy and paste the program to C:\Program Files ?

Basically a program without a installer. Not really a portable program because it still creates folders on your hard drive when you open it.
You mean just copying an exe file?
Then do a right click and select "install with Revo" and the installation will be monitored

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
After downloading the exe file as i said do a right click and click on "install with Revo".
Most of the time i am doing that when i want to install a new version of Flash Player.
First save the file and then install it with Revo, it's very simple:)

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
After downloading the exe file as i said do a right click and click on "install with Revo".
Most of the time i am doing that when i want to install a new version of Flash Player.
First save the file and then install it with Revo, it's very simple:)

No I am not talking about a installation file I am talking about a program that runs directly after you downloading it?

Like for example the portable program of CCleaner where you don't have to install it but it still creates some folders on your hard drive ?

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
No I am not talking about a installation file I am talking about a program that runs directly after you downloading it?

Like for example the portable program of CCleaner where you don't have to install it but it still creates some folders on your hard drive ?
Sorry but i haven't tried that.
Give me a few minutes and i will let you know.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Just tried to download some portable cleaners from Softpedia.
Most of them are a zip file so i select save and then extract. After that i do a right click and select install with RevoPro.
Privazer portable isn't a zip file but an exe so i save the file.Then i do a right click and select install with RevoPro.

Now if i am missing something here i am sorry but you will have to wait until tomorrow to test this with shadow defender and i will try to upload some screenshots

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I uploaded some screenshots with Privazer and CCleaner portable to see how installation with Revo works.
Privazer is an exe file and CCleaner is a zip file as shown in the screenshots.
I hope i have helped.
Untitled.png Untitled.png Untitled.png Untitled.png

Reactions: LabZero and ng4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.