RIP: Antivirus veteran Raimund Genes, 54

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Trend Micro CTO suffered fatal heart attack.
MXMMJjw.jpg

Colleagues and friends are mourning the sudden death of distinguished antivirus industry veteran Raimund Genes last Friday.

Genes, 54, chief technology officer at Trend Micro, began as a distributor before joining the antivirus firm in the early days of the industry back in 1996. He served with distinction in a variety of senior business development and technology roles for the last 30 years.

I interviewed Genes for El Reg several times and found him to be technically knowledgable and a clear communicator, an antidote to the FUD and hyperbole sometimes found elsewhere. He'll be missed, especially by his family. :(

Read More. RIP: Antivirus veteran Raimund Genes, 54

Last edited:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I've never heard of him, but I have no doubt he was very important in the Trend Micro family and more in general in the industry.
54 is way too young...
Condolences to the family and everyone who worked together with him.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.