Rising Antivirus ....Is it Still Alive?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 21043

According to the www.rising-global.com website, 'We will still support the product update normally.' suggests that the product is still updated.

There would be no point in someone really downloading the product from the links they provided if it wasn't updated, as it would leave users unprotected from todays latest threats.

Alongside this, they have a toll free telephone number operated by staff, and having this without a up-to-date product might be considered pointless after taking what I wrote above into consideration.

Cheers. ;)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Yes, it's still around and new versions are released quite reguarly , but not recommend due to the poor detection rates.

The more recent product Rising v16 is not yet avilable in English.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
But in my opinion, would you trust a vendor with 2,000 staff (ESET) or 5,000+ staff (Kaspersky...) or Rising which is semi-dead and semi-alive? If you Google "Rising company", you'll get no results relevant to the antivirus. Googling "Rising antivirus company" doesn't give any result except computer-security wiki (a small, ironically semi-dead wiki.) I'd go with ESET instead, irrelevant to what the editors at Softpedia think.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
But in my opinion, would you trust a vendor with 2,000 staff (ESET) or 5,000+ staff (Kaspersky...) or Rising which is semi-dead and semi-alive? If you Google "Rising company", you'll get no results relevant to the antivirus. Googling "Rising antivirus company" doesn't give any result except computer-security wiki (a small, ironically semi-dead wiki.) I'd go with ESET instead, irrelevant to what the editors at Softpedia think.
They are very much alive in China, they just no longer have English language websites. In the last two days they have released updated versions of all their antiviruses - Rising Antivirus/Internet Security 2011, Rising Antivirus V16+, and also Rising Firewall. In 2008 they had more than 100 million users in China.

The lack of information available is understandable when they focus solely on the Chinese market these days. If you could read Chinese, I'm sure you would be able to find lots of information on Beijing Rising Information Technology Co.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
They don't need to care about global users when they've got such a big domestic userbase. But, Rising has always been known for poor detection, and in part that may be due to concentrating more on detecting Chinese malware.

Having said that, for as long as I've used Rising (starting well before they launched their English language website), it has installed in English. But V16+ has not been translated to English yet.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@saket I was a paid user once, and used the trial version several times, long before there was an English language website (and therefore no way to purchase it if you didn't speak Chinese). I don't believe the detection rate has ever been too good, but the limited HIPs features that were eventually added, I guess makes up for this to a point.

It's a shame that V16 is not availabe in English yet as I would like to try it.

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
If u extract the installer from the setup, there is a option for english :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,620
Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@marciocruz Thanks for the tip. I just tried it very briefly, but uninstalled it due to it only being a partial translation, with plenty of the text still in Chinese.

Reactions: Popolitus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.