Rising Personal Firewall V16 (24.00.56.56)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hello,
At last, I found my free next-generation Firewall! it's Rising:emoji_innocent:
The official English version didn't get any update for 2 years but if you go to the Chinese website you can DW the last version(it support English)
瑞星个人防火墙V16 @瑞星
just press that blue button and you are good to go! I really like this tool : )very light and proactive firewall.absolutly next generation:)
The product has Rising cloud builtin(they have good cloud) with bonus tools/features.

Attachments

• R1.PNG
    R1.PNG
    279.5 KB · Views: 1,096
  • R2.PNG
    R2.PNG
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,050
  • R3.PNG
    R3.PNG
    155.2 KB · Views: 965
  • r4.PNG
    r4.PNG
    151.6 KB · Views: 945
  • R5.PNG
    R5.PNG
    172.8 KB · Views: 926
  • R6.PNG
    R6.PNG
    57.6 KB · Views: 882
  • R7.PNG
    R7.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 916

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
It's good to see another option in the diminishing ranks of free firewalls. Very impressive settings, much more than my Avast firewall although I think it's pretty good. Of course great options doesn't prove it's a great firewall. I wish we had current testing of firewalls by the AV testing companies.

Does it have an English language manual?

Let us know how it performs for you.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
THNX, but there is an interactive mode that asks for every connection

Yes, there is indeed. However the ability of this firewall to detect ALL outbound connections is not good (also, one would have to manually stop outgoing malware once detected by the firewall as RF is incapable of doing it by itself- you will just keep getting endless alerts). For examples:

1). The Good- A Redeye ransomware sample MUST connect out prior to it encrypting anything. On Redeye run, RF will alert to an Outbound connection being made. Although one will get 2 of these alerts, if one refuses the connection Redeye will self-terminate and no harm done.

2). The Not So Good- A malware that forks into svchost will be ignored by RF and will be allowed to autoStart and connect without issue.

3). The Bad- RF is oblivious to worms. It will allow direct connections and autostart functionality without issue.

One must also wonder why there is a constant connection by RF to servers in China. It's certainly not for any Cloud malware detection!

Finally RF is far from "Light". There are a number of Services installed and about 4 processes.

But do as you see fit.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Rising FW has by default enabled "trust programm recognition mode" so by this way it try to help user not to have headache due to unwanted and not understanding popups. It has no HIPS/BB module so we rather shouldn't expect autorun protection.
There is no "number of services"...I noticed two - RFW Service and Rsd Service...but yes, there are 4 processes and they aren't heavy
180730173121_1.jpg

It offers a lot of useful tools and options also e.g. hardering of browser, you can choose priority of network rules (apps/IP).

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Ichito- Regarding the Wilders thread (I think I'm totally done with them, finally)- do you think that any will give an actual example? So many just pull some statement out of their butts, without any proof whatsoever, and for God alone Knows what reason it is taken as fact.

Have people really devolved to such an extent?

THNX, but there is an interactive mode that asks for every connection.

So what ? I can make a trusted Windows process do malicious stuff and you wouldn't know it - even if you got a firewall alert... you'd allow the connection.

Firewall alerts are no different than HIPS alerts. If a person doesn't have the knowledge to figure out the what and why of the alert, then they are likely to just allow. That's the whole point of firewall alerts being "too little, too late." Sure, an outbound firewall alert can stop data loss - if, and only if, the user knows to block the connection. The vast majority of users don't know to do so and simply allow.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Ichito- Regarding the Wilders thread (I think I'm totally done with them, finally)- do you think that any will give an actual example? So many just pull some statement out of their butts, without any proof whatsoever, and for God alone Knows what reason it is taken as fact.

Have people really devolved to such an extent?

Atagirl, I was done with them a while ago. Now you can play more here until you retire and don't use the web anymore

Reactions: AtlBo

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
RF does NOT alert to every Outbound connection (try it).
You need to enable that Ask me option.
o what ? I can make a trusted Windows process do malicious stuff and you wouldn't know it
Hi,
This is how every firewall works even Eset works like that and i have no problem with it!
also for a fake process, the user can see the process path and decide to allow or block:/ the rising cloud also tell you if the process is known(green) or unknown(orange)! windows process are all green! so I can make sure that this is trusted.
even if you got a firewall alert... you'd allow the connection.
no, I will not! MT ppl know what every firewall alert means! it's not that complicated lol.

Attachments

• 1111.PNG
    1111.PNG
    45 KB · Views: 800
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.