Rizone Virus Cleaner - Review (by Jo Man)

Product name
Rizone Virus Cleaner
Pros
  • Rizone Virus Cleaner is a security solution software that scans and clear your computer of harmful agents, namely viruses, malware and spyware. It comes with certain limitations, so it can also be used by novice users. This is a portable application, so you don't need to install Rizone Virus Cleaner. In other words, you can save Rizone Virus Cleaner to an external device (such as a USB flash drive) and run the executable file directly.
    The most important aspect is that the Windows registry does not receive any updates, and no files were located on your hard drive after you remove the tool.
    Rizone Virus Cleaner has a simple GUI with a standard window when all you have to do is select a drive and proceed with the scan process. During this time, the program shows a progress bar and the current scanned files, together with the signatures count, infections identified, the duration, the elements currently digitized and total files scanned per second. Once the system antivirus detects a malicious agent, it brings up a window that shows the file name, virus name, then the MD5 signature, of the danger level and description.

The application runs on a very low amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and requires reasonable time to complete a scan process (but it also depends on the size of the selected local volume).
CONS
The application automatically pauses the scan operation whenever it finds a new virus, so that requires user input at every step of the way. Therefore, it interferes with the activity of the user on the computer. In addition, the program does not display the log data when the scanning operation is made. You have to keep in mind the fact that Rizone Virus Cleaner has not been updated for a long time.
BOTTOM LINE
Overall it is a good software. We must remember that this software hasn't been updated for a really long time. Anyway, in my opinion, one of the best good point is that it uses a low amount of CPU, so it is really light and it is really fast to scan a selected drive, but, as I wrote in the good points, the speed of the scan process obviously depends on the size of the selected drive.
I hope that in the future will be updated and improved.
Because of the cons, my rating is lower than I expected at the first hand-on test.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Cattura.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.