Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Hey,
I just wanted to notify you that the first private beta is out !
Here's the links for testing:
https://download.adlice.com/RogueKiller/V13/setup.exe
https://download.adlice.com/RogueKiller/V13/RogueKiller.exe
https://download.adlice.com/RogueKiller/V13/RogueKiller64.exe

Waiting for your feedbacks!
smile.png

rk13_scan.JPG

rk13_results2.JPG

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Tigzy

I have some questions about it

1. Will it be free after testing or will you make a pro Version of it

2. And how can i submit samples to you

3. Any differences between yours and the malwarebytes anti Malware

4. Scan the Programm for viruses and malwares and what scan the Programm too

With best Regards
Mops21

tsunami

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2018
Thanks!

-GUI/Interface is improved over the previous one, more simplistic
-Desktop icon looks awesome
-Not really an issue, "Anti-malware" to "Anti-Malware" on the main GUI
-Will forced telemetry be removed after beta?
-I like that you can choose "Always" for VirusTotal Upload
-Quick scans 30 secs to 1 min+ (depends on the machine)
-It detects custom dns server(use the following dns server) in the machine similar to Zemana (false positive)
-While scanning, the "Adlice PEViewer" advertisement is in RED, it may cause panic to new users thinking they are infected or there's a detection (apart from possible FPs)
-While scanning(Standard Scan - both Kernel Driver and MalPe module on) on a test pc, Windows Defender detected Roguekiller as Behavior:Win32/Powessere.D and terminated the scan

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
As above will there be a free version of this product available?

I will add too, the GUI looks fairly basic however this could be a good thing too for beginners to easily work around the settings for this product if there is any.

Will look forward to seeing more from you!

~LDogg

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks guys ! :)
Let's try to reply you all...

@Mops21
1. Will it be free after testing or will you make a pro Version of it
=> It'll follow the V12 licensing scheme, Free / Premium. Free will still allow Scan/Removal as usual, and Premium will add customization and other tweaks. We distribute free licenses for helpers, just ask.

2. And how can i submit samples to you
=> It depends the amount. If just a couple, then please send to adlice.com/contact. If you have more, the best would be to upload them to Malshare

3. Any differences between yours and the malwarebytes anti Malware
=> Many differences, in terms of Engine and heuristics. I cannot say more, the rest is a matter of taste. And why to choose, just have both :)
Benchmarks in the AV industry are lame, very often biased.

4. Scan the Programm for viruses and malwares and what scan the Programm too
Sorry I think I understand that part, can you elaborate please?

@enemyofarsenic
=> The Anti-malware case, good find.
- Will forced telemetry be removed after beta? => Correct, it's needed to speed up the release. Telemetry is anonyme, it only sends internal program information.
- I like that you can choose "Always" for VirusTotal Upload. => It was a dilemma to be fair. The default in options is "Ask", but the first time a (unknown) file is found during the scan, the popup appears and is blocked with a counter of 10 seconds, waiting for input. Upon timeout, the "Always" choice is chosen to avoid being blocked 10 seconds on every upload request. So if the user is away that will indeed upload to VT all found (only PE) files. We're open to make this better.
-It detects custom dns server(use the following dns server) in the machine similar to Zemana (false positive)
=> yes, expected. We will whitelist most known DNS IPs though, do you have them?
-While scanning, the "Adlice PEViewer" advertisement is in RED, it may cause panic to new users thinking they are infected or there's a detection (apart from possible FPs)
=> Good find, it should be whitelisted already, I'll double check.
-While scanning(Standard Scan - both Kernel Driver and MalPe module on) on a test pc, Windows Defender detected Roguekiller as Behavior:Win32/Powessere.D and terminated the scan
=> Again?? They are sooooo annoying, I already told them a few weeks ago. Guess I'll have to do it again.

@LDogg
As above will there be a free version of this product available?
=> Yes, just like current RogueKiller version

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Tigzy

With my question 4 did the Programm scan for viruses and malwares and spyware and ad awares and Cookies or which scans the Programm for

And can you say which downloads die you post in the first post that are 3 can you explain that

With best Regards
Mops21

Scan the Programm for viruses and malwares and what scan the Programm too

tsunami

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2018
Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Mops21, yes it scans for everything malicious, but not cookies (detecting them is pure marketing bullshit, a cookie isn't malicious at all)

Hi @Tigzy

Thank you very much for your Infos again

I will Report the File to Avira

setup.exe

VirusTotal

And can you check this, too see my screenshot

That is the Version 12 not the 13

Hi @enemyofarsenic

Right this questions mean I, too

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• RogueKiller V13 Bug 01.jpg
    RogueKiller V13 Bug 01.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 1,032

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
A debug string is present: path,c:\adlice\roguekillerqt\x64\relwithdebinfo\roguekiller.pdb

Being a beta version is ok :LOL:

I like the new icon, of course is my opinion, seems improved informations on what is detected really much ^^

On my system is faster than the previous one:

1zztmba.png

The information part about what is detected is well done, I don't find anyone tracking back info so good.

Surely is a nice beta.

One thing I didn't like is telemetry cannot be disabled in free version, and can be into premium one :p Maybe a bug... Not sure...

I feel giving a good rate of 8/10

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
@Mops21 @Tigzy

What kind of malware can Roguekiller detect? (virus, spyware, adware, cookies, worm, ransomware, crypto etc.?) - answer above

https://download.adlice.com/RogueKiller/V13/setup.exe - installs in your computer (32bit/64bit)
https://download.adlice.com/RogueKiller/V13/RogueKiller.exe 32 bit portable
https://download.adlice.com/RogueKiller/V13/RogueKiller64.exe 64 bit portable

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right, I should have told sorry. Setup choses the correct version (32/64) and install. The 2 other links are portable.

@Tigzy glad to see you here too :)
Hey :)

And can you check this, too see my screenshot
This is the beta for version 13, so 12.99 (just like a program in beta is 0.9 before 1.0)

A debug string is present: path,c:\adlice\roguekillerqt\x64\relwithdebinfo\roguekiller.pdb
We're not a malware so we don't care about this ;) Not trying to evade.

One thing I didn't like is telemetry cannot be disabled in free version, and can be into premium one:p Maybe a bug... Not sure...
The telemetry option will be accessible as for the first release outside or beta, I promise :)

Just so you know, the version 13.1 will be released a few weeks after 13.0 and will have automatic updates for signatures (no need to re-download every week like V12), custom scan and exclusions.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
@Mops21
Translations (except French that I do in the same time) will be done after the release of the last beta, so that we are sure code doesn't change too much. We'll run a translation/reward program for people willing to help, in the past we offered Lifetime license for each translator

tsunami

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2018
While the scan is "running", will there be a possibility of putting an indicator/label whether a "Standard", "Quick" or "Custom" scan was chosen by the user? previous Roguekiller had 1 type of scan so it didn't matter. New version has 3 types. Thanks.

Dashboard and Scan tabs doesn't really say if the scan chosen was "Standard", "Quick" or "Custom".

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Good to hear that sigs will be updated & not require a reinstall as in 12 - This has been my main irritation with Rouge, glad to hear this is upcoming :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.