Apr 18, 2016
I'm using YUMI :)
similar features but YUMI has a better UI, IMO

Reactions: Berny

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
Best formatting tool for Windows! Great for creating bootable USB Windows drives.

Reactions: Berny

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I used it when I made a bootable Windows 10 to fix my laptop. Actually I used it only twice since it requires you to delete all contents of your flash drive before making it bootable.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
A fantastic tool .
Had it for years and use it regularly .

And for Linux users , Multibootusb is also superb ! - ( slightly off-topic , I know )

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: Rufus
Wait for stable v3.5 or try the beta build below.

GitHub: Rufus 3.5 BETA
  • Add a feature to download official retail Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 ISOs
  • Add Windows To Go support for MCT generated Windows ISOs
  • Add a notice about the WppRecorder.sys Microsoft bug for Windows 10 1809 ISOs
  • Add a notice about trying to format a drive larger than 2 TB in MBR mode
  • Add a notice about Legacy boot when trying to boot UEFI-only media in Legacy mode
  • Report the full PID and command line of detected blocking processes in the log
  • Fix a potential silent abort when the drive is in use
  • Fix Quick Format option always being active
  • Fix some unwanted file system changes occurring after an ISO had been selected
REMEMBER: If you think you have uncovered an issue with this BETA, please report it!

Download v3.5 BETA: https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/releases/download/v3.5_BETA/rufus-3.5_BETA.exe

The next version of Rufus will come with an option to download ISO files of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. [..] you will be asked to select the edition that you want to download. For example, Windows 10 has Windows 10 Home, Pro, and Windows 10 Education.
via Rufus adds the ability to download Windows 8.1, 10 ISOs directly from the app - MSPoweruser

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.