security123

Level 26
Verified
In this post I will share with you a solution, called Run in Sandbox, I developed that allows you to run directly a PS1, VBS, msi or EXE from a context menu, after doing a right-click on the file.
PreRequisites
- At least Windows 10 1903
- Windows Sandbox feature enable

What is the purpose ?
1 / You want to test a specific PS1 or EXE file in an isolated environment.
2 / A right-click on this file will display a new context menu, Run in Sandbox
3 / Once you click on it, a WSB file will be generated on your desktop with a startup command to run the specific PS1 file
4 / Then the Sandbox will be automatically launched with this configuration

Found that news on „Run in Sandbox“ – Programme oder Skripte direkt per Kontextmenü in der Windows Sandbox starten / installieren

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Brilliant.
If I enable Windows Sandbox, then I can't use VirtualBox, correct?
Did anyone try this hack to use Windows Sandbox and VirtualBox together?

Andy Ful

Level 63
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Brilliant.
If I enable Windows Sandbox, then I can't use VirtualBox, correct?
Did anyone try this hack to use Windows Sandbox and VirtualBox together?
This allows choosing between 2 boot configs, one with Hyper-V (and Windows Sandbox) and the second without Hyper-V (and VirtualBox). But, you cannot use both Windows Sandbox and VirtualBox on the same Windows session without rebooting.

security123

Level 26
Verified
Run in Sandbox got a update:
- These languages are available: French, Italian, Spanish, English, German
- In the folder Sources\Run_in_Sandbox the Sandbox_Config.xml must be edited here by right-clicking and the correct language must be entered under "Main Language". This way you will have the entries in the context menu in German, for example.
- The other changes you can now make in the Sandbox_Config.xml are:
AudioInput - Enables the microphone input of the host in the sandbox.
VideoInput - Enables the webcam input of the host in the sandbox
ProtectedClient - Sets enhanced security settings for the RDP session in the sandbox.
PrinterRedirection - Releases the printer from the host in the sandbox.
ClipboardRedirection - Shares the host clipboard with the sandbox so that text and files can be shared as needed.
MemoryInMB - The amount of memory, in megabytes, to be allocated to the sandbox.