Run file in Windows Sandbox from right-click and Context menu

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 85179
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
In this post I will share with you a solution, called Run in Sandbox, I developed that allows you to run directly a PS1, VBS, msi or EXE from a context menu, after doing a right-click on the file.
PreRequisites
- At least Windows 10 1903
- Windows Sandbox feature enable

What is the purpose ?
1 / You want to test a specific PS1 or EXE file in an isolated environment.
2 / A right-click on this file will display a new context menu, Run in Sandbox
3 / Once you click on it, a WSB file will be generated on your desktop with a startup command to run the specific PS1 file
4 / Then the Sandbox will be automatically launched with this configuration

Found that news on „Run in Sandbox“ – Programme oder Skripte direkt per Kontextmenü in der Windows Sandbox starten / installieren

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Brilliant.
If I enable Windows Sandbox, then I can't use VirtualBox, correct?
Did anyone try this hack to use Windows Sandbox and VirtualBox together?

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Brilliant.
If I enable Windows Sandbox, then I can't use VirtualBox, correct?
Did anyone try this hack to use Windows Sandbox and VirtualBox together?
This allows choosing between 2 boot configs, one with Hyper-V (and Windows Sandbox) and the second without Hyper-V (and VirtualBox). But, you cannot use both Windows Sandbox and VirtualBox on the same Windows session without rebooting.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
Run in Sandbox got a update:
- These languages are available: French, Italian, Spanish, English, German
- In the folder Sources\Run_in_Sandbox the Sandbox_Config.xml must be edited here by right-clicking and the correct language must be entered under "Main Language". This way you will have the entries in the context menu in German, for example.
- The other changes you can now make in the Sandbox_Config.xml are:
AudioInput - Enables the microphone input of the host in the sandbox.
VideoInput - Enables the webcam input of the host in the sandbox
ProtectedClient - Sets enhanced security settings for the RDP session in the sandbox.
PrinterRedirection - Releases the printer from the host in the sandbox.
ClipboardRedirection - Shares the host clipboard with the sandbox so that text and files can be shared as needed.
MemoryInMB - The amount of memory, in megabytes, to be allocated to the sandbox.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.