Advice Request Running Firefox with Lastpass in Sandboxie?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
Firefox is very slow to fully load in Sandboxie(paid) and I'm sure the problem is the Lastpass extension. Without Lastpass it opens in under 10 seconds, with Lastpass about 30 seconds.
Does anyone know what settings may improve this(I'm afraid I know very little about Sandboxie's settings/options).
I did find a post(below) on Sandboxie's forum in which somebody suggested some settings but were unsure whether they were safe.

forums.sandboxie.com • View topic - firefox startup delay with lastPass plugin solved

Thanks

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Judging by the template, it looks you're providing only read access and no writes. So, Lastpass cannot save passwords for new websites. I haven't used Sandboxie. Let other experienced people @MT take a look at it.

H

hjlbx

Firefox is very slow to fully load in Sandboxie(paid) and I'm sure the problem is the Lastpass extension. Without Lastpass it opens in under 10 seconds, with Lastpass about 30 seconds.
Does anyone know what settings may improve this(I'm afraid I know very little about Sandboxie's settings/options).
I did find a post(below) on Sandboxie's forum in which somebody suggested some settings but were unsure whether they were safe.

forums.sandboxie.com • View topic - firefox startup delay with lastPass plugin solved

Thanks

As much as you might not like it, the best solution is to post your issue on the Sandboxie forum.

It is because of the never-ending issues with browsers that I - as well as others - stopped messing with Sandboxie...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello LittleDude. As yourself, I have browsed using Firefox within Sandboxie while also utilizing LastPass' encryption security.
Although I have never altered the settings for LastPass due to noticeably slower reaction times, I've also experienced slowness while using Firefox & LastPass (extension 3.3.1.) and it has proven inherently slower for us than when we've used the Chromium sourced Slimjet browser Fastest web browser that blocks all ads and protects your privacy - Slimjet & LastPass (newer extension version 4.1.28). There may be other variables when using the LastPass extension & sandboxie combination in addition to the browser/extension versions used. You may even consider refreshing your Firefox browser. Syncing helps smooth out starting fresh if you decide to try this. Apart from using Chrome or another similar browser, we have had more responsive times whilst using alternate 64 bit browsers in favor of Firefox, namely 8pecxstudios Cyberfox, although Slimjet browser has worked fastest for us.
I hope this helps you.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: silversurfer

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Have you tried giving OpenPathFile access to LastPass extension in User>AppData?! Don't think you'll have any problem with the template...

LittleDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
I asked the question on the Sandboxie forum. Got no response so I emailed support. They told me to use the forum.
I'm can't tell if there is actually any real support or if you are relying on fellow users to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.