Lightning_Brian

Level 13
Content Creator
Verified
Wowzers! If this is true this does not look good what-so-ever. Anyone here knows how true this is? I am skeptical on this...
*** If *** this is true this spells bad news for all of those who use this software. Then again it is WSJ ....Not always known to be true with their sources or stories.

omidomi

Level 65
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified

Bleak

Level 3
Verified
NSA wants to control the world by spying not only on americans but other countries. I personally don't care about anything the media says about Kaspersky after they offered to prove against the media s***show by showing their source code to the gov.

"RUSSIANS SPYING" more like products under US laws are any better.

Local Host

Level 13
Verified
Wowzers! If this is true this does not look good what-so-ever. Anyone here knows how true this is? I am skeptical on this...
*** If *** this is true this spells bad news for all of those who use this software. Then again it is WSJ ....Not always known to be true with their sources or stories.
It's the US, the only truth they can speak is.. oh right who am I kidding...

Also in my country these negative Advertise grown day to day it seems NSA is very angry because Kaspersky is become more popular day to day and closed NSA hadns :D
This only bothers me cause there's people who actually believe this false propaganda by the US...

omidomi

Level 65
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
It's the US, the only truth they can speak is.. oh right who am I kidding...

This only bothers me cause there's people who actually believe this false propaganda by the US...
So if Kaspersky is really that bad guys why just "USA" hating it? :unsure: (or if Kaspersky is that bad guys why USA government use it last?) pooof its just "dirty" politics game...:cautious:

T

TrinitronMSDOS

This news plus recent scandals in addition of Eugene Kaspersky being an ex KGB agent are reasons enough to boycott the software if you are a westerner. After all, when you install an antivirus software, you give it full control over your computer's files and all data being sent and received, so you must have absolute trust in the company.

Please don't misunderstand me as i am NOT against Russian people. But as a rule, i think it's unwise using a software from a country that is involved in spying and could potentially be in war with your country. That makes Kaspersky (as well as Dr. Web, Adguard, etc...) not a good choice for Americans, Europeans and their allies.

That being said, if i where Russian, i would never use Norton, McAfee, Webroot and such for the same reasons. Ultimately, whatever is your nationality, using more neutral companies that aren't especially involved with any government is best. Emsisoft and F-Secure are the best in that regard.

Weebarra

Level 15
Verified
What are we on now ? Round 4 of the Kaspersky v USA bout, i couldn't give a hoot what these reports say really (unless they were absolutely definitive) and i think more people will rally around Kaspersky until something is actually proven without a doubt. It's all getting a bit boring now with the US and their constant slanging match.

pablozi

Level 22
Trusted
Verified
This "news" are kinda shady for me.
First US bans Kaspersky products and now they're trying to raise paranoja by telling people that Kaspersky products are unsafe.
Shame on US. I will buy some KIS licenses just to show my support.