At-Risk sadow mad"s security config

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@sadow mad: I tagged temporally as Caution Your config, since no image system backup solution in Your system.

Please clarity whether You are using Windows Defender (enabled) alongside MalwareBytes Premium or Free?

Also consider to add ZAM Free and Norton Power Erase as on demand scanners.

Follow the already mentioned suggestions about backup image software and browsers extensions.

Thanks for sharing :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Good tips are already in place; just a personal opinion about Black Bird.
You consider that virtually every system cleaner/optimizer software (such as antivirus for the rest) may have access to any sensitive file on your PC.
Not saying that Black Bird can store and read all your sensitive data like browsing history, temporary files, sensitive info stored in the disk areas controlled by the software BUT on the official page I do not see the Privacy Policy section (correct me if I am wrong, because I am with the phone now).
But in this case, really I don't know if/which personal data may be managed by that program.

Black Bird Cleaner PC Optimization and Image Optimizer Software

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Update Windows 10 to latest version or even Windows Anniversary update for better performance and protection.
Follow advices as other said to get a finely tuned and well protected system. Do keep in mind if are interested in testing AV effectiveness try them in VM.

Reactions: harlan4096

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The most important thing right now is to update Windows 10 to the current build!
Consider an additional on demand scanner.
Replace ABD + with uBlock Origin
What do you use for system & data backups?
Please edit these fields to include this information.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.