@safe1st YouTube account has been terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
1.jpg

@safe1st: Security First what has happened to your Youtube channel? It looks like it's been deleted :(

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Maybe he can use Dailymotion? :rolleyes::mad::(
Dailymotion isn't that great of a site - Youtube is much much better. By the sound of things he has had like 3 Copyright strikes - that's why you do voice overs & not just music. Just using music is more likely to get your channel terminated because of Youtube & Copyrighted Music. I only use uncopyrighted music in my videos & also do voice overs so I'd like to think that my channel won't get a copyright strike.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Dailymotion isn't that great of a site - Youtube is much much better. By the sound of things he has had like 3 Copyright strikes - that's why you do voice overs & not just music. Just using music is more likely to get your channel terminated because of Youtube & Copyrighted Music. I only use uncopyrighted music in my videos & also do voice overs so I'd like to think that my channel won't get a copyright strike.
Voice overs are better in my humble opinion as it is more descriptive!
Just my 2 cents....:)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
What's going on? Some time ago he said he didn't want to go on with the channel because of some haters, but then he started doing videos again, and now it doesn't seem to be the same situation

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
What's going on? Some time ago he said he didn't want to go on with the channel because of some haters, but then he started doing videos again, and now it doesn't seem to be the same situation
He has either:

- Deleted his channel himself
- Been terminated for Copyright
- Been reported & then terminated for violating some sort of policy, etc

Yeah, the best thing would be to ask him what happened, when he is back here.

I have asked him but he honestly never replies to me - never... I invite him to a conversation, I message him on Youtube, I ask him something in a forum thread & he will never reply to me :( I think he doesn't like me.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I have asked him but he honestly never replies to me - never... I invite him to a conversation, I message him on Youtube, I ask him something in a forum thread & he will never reply to me :( I think he doesn't like me.
I understand, maybe some bad period in his life, I have noticed that he was posting videos here on MT but then he was immediately offline.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I understand, maybe some bad period in his life, I have noticed that he was posting videos here on MT but then he was immediately offline.
Yeah everytime he posts a video he goes Offline straight away - I personally stay online & read every single Youtube & MT comment, I then reply & Like their comments. If I had a lot of Subscribers I would still try to do that because I feel like that's what a Youtuber should be doing but it does get harder with more Subscribers/Comments.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It definitely isn't because of Copywrite issues. I use nothing but and have for 2 years without any issue at all. And about Haters- everyone will have some and perhaps he was sensitive. The best way to deal with such is to view them as yapping puppies at your heels- acknowledged but otherwise ignored.

Venustus- Voice only would be good if everyone spoke the same language. For my channel about 70% of the views come from non-english speaking countries, and I know from personal experience that most have less issue with a foreign language in Text than when Spoken.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
It definitely isn't because of Copywrite issues. I use nothing but and have for 2 years without any issue at all. And about Haters- everyone will have some and perhaps he was sensitive. The best way to deal with such is to view them as yapping puppies at your heels- acknowledged but otherwise ignored.

Venustus- Voice only would be good if everyone spoke the same language. For my channel about 70% of the views come from non-english speaking countries, and I know from personal experience that most have less issue with a foreign language in Text than when Spoken.
You make some good points :) You definitely shouldn't be offended by other people's opinions on the internet. I am not really offended by anyone - you may laugh at that but I have sort of taught myself to completely ignore anyone's negative or hateful opinion of me. This one time this kid in my year wouldn't stop swearing at me for no apparent reason so everytime he swore at me I just said "Cheers mate" & moved on with my life.

But anyway...the voice over thing is also true but you always have Youtube's amazing subtitles :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
If you look up his channel you'll see YouTube is the aggressor in terminating his account. This sucks, because he was the most regular AV review content provider on YouTube. No disrespect to the other wonderful channels.
He uploaded 3 videos a week which is what I'm about to start to do anyway after my exams but I do other videos - he just did test videos. I can't even find his channel with a search now.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Ah ok I just found it: (had to search in Google - not Youtube)

"This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."

It is possible that his channel got terminated due to sub for sub? If you use sub for sub or certain view/subscriber boosting sites then your account will get terminated.

That is the most likely thing I would say since he gained hundreds of subscribers within a few weeks didn't he?

Reactions: KGBagent47
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.