App Review Salsa222 Ransomware - Demonstration of attack video review.

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

GrujaRS

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2016
Attached.

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG TO UNLOCK YOUR FILES SALSA222 LANGUAGE FILES.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Thank you @CyberSecurity GrujaRS for another great review :)
So many new ransomware variants every day...

Sorry for being late, have been on the road yesterday the whole day, but I tracked down the file now and you can get it here: https://malwaretips.com/threads/salsa-ransomware.70421/
VT is 38/60, so I'd use it for testing your AV's BB / HIPS, as signatures will most likely catch it easily.

amdfanboy

Apr 9, 2017
please help me, my computer was infected salsa222.

so please tell me how to clean them and get my data back :(

Last edited:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
please help me, my computer was infected salsa222.

so please tell me how to clean them and get my data back :(
What @ctrlz said. I suggest you go here, read the preparation guide and then open a topic there to help clean the infection. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any decryptor for Salsa222 so I don't believe you'll be able to restore your files. Having a good data backup solution is the best defence against ransomware.

Reactions: ctrlz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.