Samsung Android AV/AM Options?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
If any of you have any suggestions for a quiet and light AV, and possibly some sort of realtime AM (anti-malware) for Androids, please give a shout.

D

Deleted member 178

im using Avast Mobile Security, it is free and very complete.

AV, RT, powerful antitheft, FW (if rooted phone), privacy advisor, sms/call filter, network meter, etc...

Comodo and webroot ones are also good but less complete

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I currently use Trend Micro and works a treat for everything that you need :)

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have heard good things about Trend Micro. How much does it cost?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:
I have heard good things about Trend Micro. How much does it cost?

Aiz5H.png

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm using the free version of AVG Mobilation and it works great. It's a silent app and it only shows notifications if you install or update any app wherein it scans the installed or updated applications. Same goes for scheduled scans if you have any. It also has a Web protection, SMS scanning and Anti-Theft feature.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
When researching a mobile security app for my new android phone after elimination Norton and Lookout it came down to AVG and Avast.

Avast won the day for me after taking everything into totality, functions, battery drain(AVG having the least) ,cost, reviews from experts and other users, ect.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Avast is very unselfish and their product is fabulous. Hats-off to them.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
This might help:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_mob_201209_en.pdf

I recommend Bitdefender !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.