Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
GSMArena.com said:
Samsung has announced two new Android smartphones just a before the Mobile World Congress begins next week.

The first one is the Galaxy Ace 2, which will have a 3.8-inch, 800 x 480 resolution display, 800MHz dual-core processor, 768MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 5 megapixel rear camera with 720p video recording, VGA front camera, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS/GLONASS and a 1,500mAh battery.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Next up is the Galaxy Mini 2. It has a 3.27-inch, 480 x 320 resolution display, 800MHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB internal memory, 3 megapixel fixed-focus rear camera with VGA video recording, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with DLNA, A-GPS and a 1,300mAh battery.

gsmarena_002.jpg

Both the phones will be running Samsung's TouchWiz on top of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The Galaxy Ace 2 will launch in UK in April whereas the Galaxy Mini 2 will go on sale in France in March.

Read more.

I want to get one IF I was serious in my studies. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

There's a difference between the word want and need. Teenagers today are spoiled no end, anywho I bet Apple with attack this product of Samsung again. Haha.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:

There's a difference between the word want and need. Teenagers today are spoiled no end, anywho I bet Apple with attack this product of Samsung again. Haha.

A need is something essential for us to live but a want is something that people would like to have. :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I own the current Galaxy Mini and if I was upgrading I'd probably go with the Ace 2. That yellow back cover on the Mini 2 is ghastly.

Z

ZeroDay

I own a galaxy ace 1 and it's a piece of #####! I'll be going for an I phone next or a galaxy s2.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
ZeroDay said:
I own a galaxy ace 1 and it's a piece of s**t! I'll be going for an I phone next or a galaxy s2.

I know, it has weak specifications, the Ace 2 looks to be much more powerful (click here for possible specifications). If you want to go with either the iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy S II, I prefer the Galaxy SII, it has a faster CPU and is much more durable and lighter.

You may also wish to take a look at the specifications of the Galaxy S II and the iPhone 4s to make a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
After my HTC Wildfire I was think about getting a Galaxy S II. A friend has one and it has lasted him a while and the screen and the whole phone has not be broken. Plus it's faster then the HTC Wildfire. Has any one else here had a Galaxy they can share some information on?

Z

ZeroDay

I saw on the gadget show that the new nexus is supposed to be the most powerfull smart phone at the moment. The ace 2 may have a dual core but it's only running at 800 mhz most dual cores in smart phones are running at 1ghz. But to be honest I really dont think any smart phone matches up to the I phone, Apple have just perfected the smart phone and ios is very smooth.

Z

ZeroDay

I dunno the gadget show said the new nexus was the top smart phone. In my honest opinion though any smart phone is nothing but a second rate gadget compared to the I-Phone, Apple really have perfect the smart phone.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You do realise Smartphones are over-rated. Oh well.

Z

ZeroDay

Over rated how? Every time I've used one the I phone leaves android for dead.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I admit, the iPhone has a very cool OS, but let's look before at the quality of the device. The Samsung is far better than the iPhone in terms of durability and the accidentally dropping of a device is an accident that happens with almost everyone. We shouldn't look at how popular is the brand, but our first thing to check is the quality. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Explaining a fewest words possible, you're paying a very high premium for these devices, contracts and other hidden costs.

We shouldn't look at how popular is the brand, but our first thing to check is the quality. :)

Here's a phone that will survive a drop to the floor, and still work.

253px-Nokia_3310_blue.jpg

EETMx.jpg

Not trolling.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
Explaining a fewest words possible, you're paying a very high premium for these devices, contracts and other hidden costs.

We shouldn't look at how popular is the brand, but our first thing to check is the quality. :)

Here's a phone that will survive a drop to the floor, and still work.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Nokia_3310_blue.jpg/253px-Nokia_3310_blue.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EETMx.jpg

Not trolling.

I agree with you 100%. I used to own a Nokia 1100 a few months ago, until my father bought a Samsung Galaxy S Plus, and we got a free Samsung Champ with it, which I now own. From that time, I started to become interested in mobile phones. I do believe the Nokia 1100 is much more durable than my current Samsung Champ. BTW, do you want a picture of my Nokia 1100? :D

EDIT: Want to see this one? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-VKY5zOES4

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.