Samsung Devices Under Active Exploitation! CISA Warns of Critical Flaw

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) warned of active exploitation of a medium-severity flaw affecting Samsung devices.

The issue, tracked as CVE-2023-21492 (CVSS score: 4.4), impacts select Samsung devices running Android versions 11, 12, and 13.

The South Korean electronics giant described the issue as an information disclosure flaw that could be exploited by a privileged attacker to bypass address space layout randomization (ASLR) protections.

ASLR is a security technique that's designed to thwart memory corruption and code execution flaws by obscuring the location of an executable in a device's memory.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
"Samsung, in an advisory released this month, said it was "notified that an exploit for this issue had existed in the wild," adding it was privately disclosed to the company on January 17, 2023."
Glad they move sooo fast :sleep:

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
"Samsung, in an advisory released this month, said it was "notified that an exploit for this issue had existed in the wild," adding it was privately disclosed to the company on January 17, 2023."
Glad they move sooo fast :sleep:
When I was posting this I saw a similar January post from Gandalf and I thought it couldn't be the same issue, but...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.